Talk:Discussion board/Saved/June 2017
How should Japanese names be input in English moegirlpedia?
- Given names come first, or family names come first?
- For example, Mikoto Misaka or Misaka Mikoto? I'm used to the first one, while some users prefer the last one. (However, if it's a name in the history, I would use the last one, too. For example, Abe no Seimei. And if it's a Chinese name written in Japanese, I would choose the last one too, for example, Chō Soran, Riku Suigin)
- Use which romaji?
- How to show chángyīn? For example, Tomā Kamijō, Toma Kamijo or Touma Kamijou?
- Before b, p, m, ん, n or m? For example, Tenma Gabriel White or Tem'ma Gabriel White? Nanba or Namba?
If I come up with some other ideas, I will put here, too.
- i'd like 2 check Wikipedia 4 names in English. if it's a Chinese name, it says:In the following, Chinese names are written with the family name first and given name second.For Chinese names in Japanese works, zhmoe:Talk:讨论版/存档/2017年05月#有关人物信息中的日文人名+α may be helpful.--KurokiriG, at20:35, 15 June 2017 (CDT)
Advice about setting New Bangumi Topic
- In that case, we must translate New Bangumi Topic pages into English first. This season is going to be over, so I'm going to do it in the next season. — Honoka55(Message me·My contributions) 18:31, 17 June 2017 (CDT)
- U may ask Chinese relative department gal 4 help, they Moegirlpedians know so much about new bangumi translations(￣▽￣)"... by the V, y not apply 4 an admin in both English & Japanese Moegirlpedia? don' B shy and i believe U can do it, see zh:萌娘百科:管理员, and through u are not a patroller(xúnchá) i don' think it blocks--Ryouba (talk) 18:06, 18 June 2017 (CDT)
- I don't have much time to be an admin... I'm going to take the senior high entrance exam on June 28, and I'll have almost no time on moegirlpedia since September this year. — Honoka55(Message me·My contributions) 05:01, 19 June 2017 (CDT)
Can English moegirlpedia add visual editor and mobile pages?
A visual editor is much easier to use than wikitext editor.(The same to Chinese moegirlpedia) And it's hard to edit a page for PC on Android. -xctan 09:36,19 June 2017 (CST)
- nope--Patroller KumoKasumi 22:12, 18 June 2017 (CDT)
- I prefer wikitext editor to visual editor... It's difficult to use visual editor... But mobile pages are great, I hope it could be added. In fact, I hope we could use "the black"/"kuromaku"/"heimu" like that in Chinese version. (When the cursor is on it, the text shows itself)— Honoka55(Message me·My contributions) 04:59, 19 June 2017 (CDT)
Advice about avoiding using nonstandard abbrs beyond talk pages
Now some users are using nonstandard abbrs in the pages, like 2 stands for to, 4 stands for for, pls/plz stands for please, btw stands for by the way, and so on. These abbrs are bad, I think. In my opinion, these abbrs should only be allowed in talk pages, like here. Btw, some traditional abbrs should be allowed everywhere, like e.g. stands for for example, etc. stands for and so on, OP stands for opening theme/song, ep. stands for episode. These are good abbrs, I think. This is just my opinion. Let's have a duscussion below. — Honoka55(Message me·My contributions) 05:38, 19 June 2017 (CDT)