- Welcome to the Moegirlpedia,here is the Discussion board.This page is for questions about how to use or edit Moegirlpedia or other things about Moegirlpedia
- We are all volunteers, so sometimes replies can take some time. Please be patient. Check back on this page to see if your topic has been replied.
- You can click on here to add a new topic
- For the Chinese discussion board, click here.
Welcome to English Moegirlpedia's Discussion page!
You can speak freely!
But don't use it as an excuse to attack other people's language.
Others, like us, are not perfect.
Please respect other people's comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- 1 Do not upload the flie with the chinese name
- 2 What's “萌属性” in English?
- 3 Yo
- 4 Looks like no one would read Moegirl Pedia English version
- 5 Different names for Western, Japanese, Chinese and Korean animation/comic works, or the same?
- 6 Convention for translation of names
- 7 We Need Moderators
- 8 What's the motto of Moe Girl Pedia (万物皆可萌) in English
- 9 Make A Request - Earnestly And Sincerely Request English CuteGirlPedia Manager and Everyone Create And Edit The Itsuki Sumeragi Entry Instead Of Me
- 10 Petition for Editing Common.css
- 11 Petition for deleting Talk:Ccna Certification Exam Tutorial: Cisco Switching Modes
- 12 ReCaptcha error?
- 13 Donated US$3 For Supporting The MoeGirl
- 14 Ask A Question About Adding the English Voice Actor\CV And Her English Voice to English Entry Page Of Mikoto Misaka
- 15 Ask A Question About Add Entry Page Of English Anime Licensing and Dubbing Companies
- 16 How to optimize the layout of Homepage?
Do not upload the flie with the chinese name
As the title--Patroller KumoKasumi 10:23, 2 November 2017 (CDT)
What's “萌属性” in English?
I'm new and interested in contributing, but I have no idea where to start.
Girls' Frontline seems to be your primary focus at the moment, which I'm unfortunately not acquainted with. Do you guys recommend playing it?
- You can write anything that is moe here, this place is still getting built from scratch, and you see a lot of Girls' Frontline pages because there is a dedicated editor called Varxo (who happens to spot this section and posted a reply here) who had worked on the topic. -- VA-RX0Talk to me! 04:58, 12 December 2018 (CST)
Looks like no one would read Moegirl Pedia English version
How deserted here is!
By the way, I'm wandering why the language of the User Interface is still Chinese
And how about translating some Chinese entries into English to expand here--在下比利有何贵干 (talk) 08:28, 20 December 2017 (CST)
agree--The sysop KumoKasumi 00:28, 23 December 2017 (CST)
- If you create/find a corresponding one, Yeah. Otherwise see below -- VA-RX0Talk to me! 04:59, 12 December 2018 (CST)
Nope--The sysop KumoKasumi 23:15, 27 December 2017 (CST)
Different names for Western, Japanese, Chinese and Korean animation/comic works, or the same?
In Wikipedia, Western animations are usually called animations or cartoons, Japanese ones anime, Chinese ones donghua and Korean ones aeni.
Similarly, Western comics are called comics, Japanese ones manga, Chinese ones manhua and Korean ones manhwa.
So what should we use in Moegirlpedia? Use the same name (but which? ), or different names?
- This is a bit difficult... we can sort of get around it now by focusing on Japanese Works, as most places uses Manga to refer to Japanese-style cartoons, etc.
- We'd also encounter a problem of how to categorize works: anime and manga are sort of absorbed into English, specifically referencing Japanese(-style) animations and cartoons; however one can reasonably argue some Chinese and Korean animations and cartoons are Japanese-styled and can therefore be referred to as "Animes" and "Mangas". Again, as this site is quite dead and we don't have much British and American editors, it is best to (I believe) get around the problems first and deal with it when our users can rather accurately reflects the population (i.e. English speaking, pan-ACGN-loving people).
- I can go on... but let me call it off right here for now.--ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 22:07, 8 March 2019 (CST)
Convention for translation of names
As this wiki aims at recording information of a subculture whose origin is East Asian, we can foresee the first obstacle in front of us: Naming Conventions.
Japanese, Chinese, and Korean cultures put name in the order of FamilyName GivenName. English, along with most western languages, however, usesGivenName FamilyName'. In Chinese we had less of a problem because the convention is to keep original order; however there (as I am aware) isn't such a convention in English. Names are often converted into Given, Family when translated; however occasional keeping of original orders do occur.
With naming we also encounter the problem of romanization. This is even more confusing as for all languages mentioned above at least two romanization systems occur.
Now, just checking against existing articles, we can see names are reordered in Western fashion. I think it would be nice to make things clearer to set up a rule. (Plus, I personally prefer original ordering).
So here goes the draft:
- Romanization: if no official English names and/or romanizations occur, stick with Pinyin(CHN), Hepbrun with Macron(Japanese), and *insert Korean romanization here.
- Redirects of several common romanizations should exist.
- Ordering: order by western convention. Use Naming custom notices in pages such as ; label names ordered differently in a similar fashion (say, when official English name is ordered in eastern fashion)
- Redirects of ordering? Should that exist?
Any suggestions and objections?
- Let me argue about name ordering. It seems like my preference wouldn't stand.
- It is generally a convention to reorder Japanese names in western orderings; See English Wikipedia, where virtually all names of Japanese, both fictional and real, are reordered in western fashion. Notable exceptions include Hatsune Miku (along with most Vocaloids, although Wikipedia did note that the vocaloids are sometimes referred to in First, Last name form).
- The good of reordering is, obviously, keeping in line with conventions. As basically a new wiki, though, we could theoretically establish our own conventions.
- keeping original ordering preserves how the name is intended to be read. Sometimes there might also be puns that only makes sense if the names ordering are preserved, say 一二三四五. In a way, this is easier on my East Asain brain, but again, western readers and editors might object.
- Two possible naming patterns also presents the possible problem of redirection. Regardless which naming system is used, redirection might still be needed. We can also notify users to try switch the name around if they can't find what they were looking for, and therefore dropps redirection (or, we might have about five to six redirections with each name: one set of different romanizations for First, Last; one set for Last, First...not ideal.)
We Need Moderators
OK, people is using this as random test beds and note jotting hosts. It has gone too far.
Not that I have any authority... but I care about this site. Heck, I may well be one of the few that is returning.
Mark my words, people out there: we need moderators, and we will get them. This site is a wiki type encyclopedia for all things weeb and moe, not for your notes. I shall return with those that can install some order, or I shall attempt to get the authority to do so myself.
I shall return.
(God these are some terribly embarrassing things I've said)
What's the motto of Moe Girl Pedia (万物皆可萌) in English
- Agreed.--ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 17:29, 23 August 2019 (CDT)
Make A Request - Earnestly And Sincerely Request English CuteGirlPedia Manager and Everyone Create And Edit The Itsuki Sumeragi Entry Instead Of Me
Hi CuteGirlPedia Manager and Everyone:
I Earnestly And Sincerely Request English CuteGirlPedia Manager and Everyone Create And Edit The Itsuki Sumeragi Entry Instead Of Me, And If English CuteGirlPedia Manager and Everyone could reference the Japanse Wikipedia Of Kakeguri Character List And English Kakeguri Fandom Wikia Of Itsuki Sumeragi below.
--SeerElijah 19:44, 24 August 2019 (CDT)
- Waitaminute, I think I've saw you before...--ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 00:05, 25 August 2019 (CDT)
- Now, why can't you do it? There's literallyessentially no people here. I can't read Japanese. You've got a Fandom Wiki link. If the copyrights match, then by all means, copy it. Wiki means cooperation; we are not obliged to do what you say.
- I mean, I can help you clean it up; even transferring to Chinese Moegirlpedia, if that suits you. But I am not quite interested in making that entry for you. I've got like, school. --ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 00:08, 25 August 2019 (CDT)
- You know what? You lucked out. That fandom wiki is CC-BY-SA compatible. I copied it for you, but clean up will take some time. Do what you can; it's what you wanted. Again, the way a wiki function is that whoever wants something happen, makes it happen; or it will not.
- Also, I removed the <big> tag because we can read you message just fine. --ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 12:12, 25 August 2019 (CDT)
Petition for Editing Common.css
Petition for deleting Talk:Ccna Certification Exam Tutorial: Cisco Switching Modes
This is a lone talk page addressing a spam message. As the original spam was gone, the talk page has no reason to remain.--ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 19:00, 25 August 2019 (CDT)
- Also, I set up Category:To-Do and Category:Pages Awaiting Deletion. Hope that helps anyone who wants to contribute. --ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 19:05, 25 August 2019 (CDT)
Hi, I set up a new account that I may use as my primary account later in EN MGP. Being a new account, I was asked to complete a reCAPTCHA. However, the reCAPTCHA did not show up.
I am using Chrome 76.0.3809.100 on macOS 10.14.4. As this can potentially prevent all new users from ever editing, I hope someone can address it.
- ReCaptcha was acquired by Google. If you are a user from China mainland, it can't be loaded.--Nzh21 (talk) 08:31, 31 August 2019 (CDT)
Donated US$3 For Supporting The MoeGirl
Hi One-Six And Every English Moegirlpedia Managers:
Even Though I only have a little bit of money, I do not have enough money or a lots of money so I Donated US$3 For Supporting The MoeGirl.
PPPS:Besides, I will donate a lots of money for Supporting The MoeGirl and help MoeGirl Pay the Bills Next Time.
--SeerElijah 07:02, 2 September 2019 (CDT)
Ask A Question About Adding the English Voice Actor\CV And Her English Voice to English Entry Page Of Mikoto Misaka
I am dying to ask a question, would you mind telling me could you add English Voice Actor\CV And Her English Voice to English Entry Page Of Mikoto Misaka ? If you don't add it, I will add it instead of you. https://en.moegirl.org/Mikoto_Misaka
--SeerElijah 08:05, 2 September 2019 (CDT)
- If your are only addressing me, you may want to use my private talk page instead.
- I want to clarify again that this is a wiki-type project. Nobody is getting paid; we are here merely because of our love of a certain area.
- I am really not familiar with A Certain Scientific Railgun; I am also quite busy recently. I cannot help much on that. But if you are willing to help, I will be very personally grateful: EnMoe really need contributors. You can be one.
- Sorry that I can't help. Wish you good luck on editing; If you have questions, come ask me. I will try to help with the basics as much as I can.
- Cheers for EnMoe. --ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 14:35, 25 September 2019 (CDT)
Ask A Question About Add Entry Page Of English Anime Licensing and Dubbing Companies
All things considered that every one are very interested in English Dubbed Animes, so would you mind telling me can I add a entry page of English Anime Licensing and Dubbing Companies?
--SeerElijah 07:14, 2 September 2019 (CDT)
- Don't ask, but do.
- Be courageous. As long as you know the basics of Wiki editing, everyone will appreciate your help. We can fix issues as they come up, so don't be shy. (But don't be too bold either...)
- What do you want to build though? a list of all dubbing company, or just a page dedicated to a certain one? This is a new topic in EnMoe, so you could be setting up a precedent.
- You may want to refer to existing English and Chinese Moegirl pages for some typesetting example. Good luck!
- Cheers for EnMoe. --ONE-SIX, not "公的驱逐舰", whatever that means (blush) Talk · Recent Edits 14:41, 25 September 2019 (CDT)
If you could translate Dubbing Page From Chinese Moegirlpedia in Simplified And Orthodox Chinese Characters or Simplified Chinese Characters To English (Both UK English And USA English ) And Add The List Of Names Of Anime Licensing, Subbing And Dubbing Companies , that would be extremely fantastic!
regards, SeerEliah --SeerElijah 07:06, 20 October 2019 (CDT)