Akane-chan Will Listen to Whatever You Have to Say
Moegirlpedia welcomes your assistance to complete this article☆Kira~
As you read this article, we hope you participate in improving this page.
Screenshot of the Music Video
|Akane-chan Will Listen to Whatever You Have to Say|
|Uploaded on 28 December 2017|
10,156,000+ view on Youtube as of 8 March 2019
|Yuzuki Yukari， Kotonoha Akari, Kotonoha Aoi, Tsurumaki Maki|
"Akane-chan Will Listen to Whatever You Have to Say" (Japanese: 何でも言うことを聞いてくれるアカネチャン, also translated as "Akane-chan Will Go Along With Anything You Say") is a original Voiceroid/Vocaloid song composed by GYARI. The song is originally uploaded to Niconico and Youtube on 28 December 2017.
As most of GYARI's songs, the song possesses a rather long title which is officially shortened to "Seyana.".
Rather unlike GYARI's early creations, "Seyana." became extremely popular right from the start and took only 14 days and 9 hours to receive one million views on Niconico. It is also the first Voiceroid song to receive one million views on Niconico.
The song tells the story of an egotistic Yuzuki Yukari planning on becoming a famous game streamer by playing, apparently, Player Unknown's Battle Ground; and an indifferent Kotonoha Akari, carelessly going along with Yuzuki with ambiguous comments, not really knowing what's going on. It also features Nakyamurya as Tsurumaki Maki playing the guitar solo, to which Kotonoha also responds with careless comments; and Kotonoha Aoi, Akari's sister, as chorus.
Yuzuki Yukari suddenly annouces her plan to become a famous streamer to Kotonoha Akari, claiming herself as "genius", dreaming of the wide acclaim she will get for her superb skill in playing Player Unknown's Battle Ground, and asking for Kotonoha's opinion; Akari merely goes along with Yuzuki's excitement.
As Kotonoha admitting not knowing anything about games and streaming (presumably as Yuzuki leaves to start her stream, or as an aside to the audience), Tsurumaki Maki appears and asks Kotonoha to listen to her guitar solo. Kotonoha provided generic compliments, then again admitting not knowing anything about instruments. The Kotonoha sisters sing chorus during bridge.
A defeated Yuzuki returns to tell how she had been humiliated by another player (who can be identified as Tohoku Kiritan). Yuzuki, enraged, plans for revenge and, again, asks for Kotonoha's opinion. Kotonoha respond with (surprise) "(that sounds) Stupid" and suggests Yuzuki to give up. The song ends with a deflated Yuzuki admitting defeat and a (still) indifferent Kotonoha proclaiming she does not care about Yuzuki's plans.
Netas and Jokes
- Yuzuki Yukari appears with a cowbell, which seems to be the representing instrument of her (at least in GYARI's works). The cowbell is seized by Kotonoha Akari towards the end.
- Tohoku Kiritan and Yuzuki Yukari's fueled exchange in the comments seen starting at approximately 3:13 of the music video references to one time when a player won PUBG with only two grenades.
Covers and Recreations
Nekomiya Hinata's cover, illustrated by GYARI: "何でも言うことを聞いてくれる猫宮ひなた"
- Both main characters are depicted as Nekomiya herself. Nekomiya was humiliated but not humiliated twice; see the video for details.
Kemono Friends' version, also illustrated by GYARI: "何でも言うことを聞いてくれるフェネック"
Marasy8's Piano cover:
- Marasy8 also attempted to recreate dialogs with piano.
There are also numerous fan-art version of the song, often using Nekomiya's soundtrack but with original illustrations based on GYARI's original.
Singer：琴叶 茜 / Kotonoha Akari, 結月ゆかり / Yuzuki Yukari
Featuring 弦卷マキ / Tsurumaki Maki, 琴叶 葵 / Kotonoha Aoi,
and Nakyamurya's guitar solo
Translated by One-Six based on Chinese translation by Luo Yu Ya Sha (落雪鸦杀)
Italisized lines represent spoken lines.
- Note: Seyana, Soyana, Sorena, Arena, and Wakaru are translated here to three-syllable phrases used to acknowledge the speaker to more closely reflect their use in the conversation and recreate the syllable count (so you may try to sing the translation). Their actual meaning are subtly different.
- See Bilibili video av17542871.