V3 official character design
|Other Names||Luo Tianyi|
|Character Voicing||Shan Xin(zh:山新) (Chinese)|
|Moe Points||foodie(zh:吃货), Utahime(zh:歌姬), natural moe(zh:天然呆), genki(zh:元气), suited(zh:制服), acting cute(zh:卖萌)|
|VSingers: Yuezheng Ling(zh:乐正绫), Yan He...|
C.D. Draft: Yayin Gongyu(zh:雅音宫羽)
|More media about Luo Tianyi|
Luo Tianyi (
She was originally released in July 2012 for use with the VOCALOID3 engine, the first released Vocaloid with a Chinese voicebank.
Official Character Description
Luo Tianyi is a somewhat shy girl who is sensitive to others' emotions. She admires earlier Vocaloids who have created history in the human world; she dreamed to be a Vocaloid that can touch hearts and spread happiness with her voice.
All of a sudden, she was summoned one day with an important mission and came to the human world as a Vocaloid.
She has the gentle empathy in that she will shed tear for others; and the staunch persistence in that she will not give up no matter the obstacles.
Since she is new to the human world, she knows nothing about human language. She couldn't talk to others and could only express her feeling and melody in her heart by singing.
- Name:Luo Tianyi
- Character design by: MOTH & ideolo (V3 official)、TID (V4 official)
- Age: 15
- Height: 156cm
- Appearance: silver hair, green pupil, circle braid, a piece of jasper on her neck, a Chinese knot on her waist
- Representative color: Tianyi Blue(zh:天依蓝) (color code: #66CCFF)
- Spirit of music: "Tian Dian" (Chinese: 天钿)
- Voicebank source: Shan Xin(zh:山新) (V3, V4 Chinese); Shan Xin and Kano(zh:鹿乃) (V4 Japanese)
- Voicebank producer: G.K(zh:G.K) (V3), 人形兎(zh:人形兎) (V4 Power)
- Releasing date of Chinese library: 2012.07.12 (V3)、2017.12.30 (V4)
- Releasing date of Japanese library: 2018.05.21 (V4)
- Tone of Chinese Voicebank: Original (V3) / Normal (V4), Power (V4)
- Tone of Japanese Voicebank: Normal, Sweet
- Musical instrument: Microphone
- Tempo of expertise: 80-170 BPM
- Range of expertise: A2-D4
- Nickname: Number One Foodie in the World; The girl on the top of the food chain
Luo Tianyi's official character design was created by Ideolo(zh:Ideolo) based on the character Yayin Gongyu (Chinese: 雅音宫羽) designed by MOTH, chosen from the "Vocaloid China Project Singer Audition" Her design was officially released on March 22nd, 2012; the original character design of Yayin Gongyu was not used verbatim on Luo Tianyi.
The relationship between Luo and Yayin are not that of an original and spin-off designs; instead, it is that of an official and draft designs.
About the name
the cover and configuration of V3 library
On March 22nd, 2016, Vsinger official posted on Weibo announcing that the work of upgrading Luo Tianyi to V4 had started.
On July 15th, 2016, the new outfit for performance appeared at Firefly Carnival of Anime and Game (Guangzhou).
On July 24th, 2016, Luo Tianyi's V4 DEBUT AR figure appeared at Bilibili Macro Link 2016, and she sang the new song Night Dance with "V4 Power" tone, and sang CONNECT with "V4 Normal" tone。
On December 8th, 2016, at Vsinger official Conference & AR Live Melody across the Galaxy, she sang the new song Light follower with V4 voicebank.
On June 9th, 2017, the official weibo account of Luo Tianyi posted a blog announcing that Luo Tianyi's V4C and V4J would be put on sale, and the cover of the library was published.
On September 15th, 2017, the official weibo account of Luo Tianyi posted a blog, officially published the pre-sale information of of Luo Tianyi V4C Library.
On December 30th, 2017, V4C library was officially on sale.
On August 16th, 2018, the official weibo account of Luo Tianyi posted a blog, officially published the presale message and the audition song Usotsuki wa Koi no Hajimari。
On May 21st, 2018, V4J library was officially on sale.
- Series Resonance with Tianyi:
- Virtual Amusement Park (2017)
- Lost In Tianyi (2019)
The chapter below overviews some famous secondary personas of Luo Tianyi, their origin, and their influence.
On 3 July 2012, the day after the release, the Nightmare of Xmas Eve posted the PV of A Millennial Menu of China to Bilibili(zh:Bilibili). The song's cute and charming lyrics, melody, and music video lead the audiences into a journey through Chinese cuisines; it had a great reaction. This song became the first Luo Tianyi song to reach 100,000 views(zh:Vocaloid殿堂曲), and has gained 1,000,000 views(zh:Vocaloid传说曲) in 2016.
In the discription of the song, Luo Tianyi was called "Number one foodie sama in the world" . Influenced by A Millennial Menu of China, the foodie trait became almost an intergral part of Luo's persona; works like Feeding Song for Luo Tianyi(zh:洛天依投食歌) were produced, and the fan base of Luo often proclaim themselves as the Foodie Party, with A Millennial Menu of China being the Song of the Party.
Henian soon recognized foodie as part of the official character persona; steamed stuffed bun was deemed her favorite food. Luo Tianyi advertised for brands like Three Squirrels, Mirinda, Vita lemon tea, Pizza Hut, and Nescafe, and great songs were produced for these commercials.
Notably, Shan Xin, the source of Luo's voicebank, is known for her strenth and appetite; there were even urban legends of Shan Xin eating her fans.
Thus the foodie trait could also be inherited from her dad. 
In many music videos of her songs, notably the PV of A Millennil Menu of China, Luo Tianyi is seen wearing Cheongsam(zh:旗袍), a feminine, body hugging dress commonly associated with Chinese culture. Because of her Chinese origin, many producers and illustrator choose to illustrate Luo in Cheongsam or Hanfu.
Not long after Luo's release, Chinese producers started to produce “Gufeng” (Chinese: 古风) songs with her. As the Gufeng genre have its roots in ancient Chinese music and literature, producers often prefer Hanfu(zh:汉服), or ancient Chinese gown, over Cheongsam. The popularity of the Gufeng genre, along with the growing Hanfu Movement among younger Chinese, made Hanfu a popular choice for producers and illustrators to dress up Luo too.
(To be implemented)
(To be implemented)
- The "V4 Normal Voicebank" is based on the original V3 voicebank fine-tuned by 人形兎.
- an activity from December 12th 2011 to January 17th aiming to pick character designs for VSingers; this is not an official translation.
- a magic square discoverd in ancient China
- from a blog posted by Shan Xin in 2017
- The name is a neta of 世界第一的公主殿下 (lit. No.1 Pricess sama in the world), a nickname of Hatsune Miku that derived from the commonly used Chinese title of her song World is Mine.
- which is also a neta. Fans of Hatsune Miku call Miku-Miku ni Shite Ageru(zh:把你给MikuMiku掉) their Song of the Party, so A Millennial Menu of China is promoted likewise, a nod to its importance to Luo Tianyi.
- This is not a mistake: Chinese sometimes jokingly use male pronouns on females to poke fun at their tomboyish qualities; many female use male pronouns on themselves in the same spirit.