Girls' Frontline: WA2000
Welcome to Girls' Frontline wiki！You can look up information regarding Girls' Frontline.
Moegirlpedia welcomes you to take part in improving related articles!
You are welcome to assist inediting this article。Please understand the editing guidelines and search for related information before editing. Please do not post anything inappropriate in the comment section, including but not limited to argument-causing language and personal attacks. Moegirlpedia wishes you a nice time on this site.
Eh? My face is red? It's because...it's a bit hot today! D-Don't get the wrong idea!
|Girls' Frontline: WA2000|
|Original name||Walther WA2000|
|Place of origin||Germany|
|Manufactured by||Carl Walther|
|Relative(s) or related person(s)|
WA2000 is a character from the Tactical game Girls' Frontline developed by MicaTeam and published by Sunborn and its derivatives.
The Walther WA2000 sniper rifle was developed by Carl Walther from the end of the 1970s to the start of the 1980s. It was first unveiled in 1982 before it was adopted in minimal numbers by some SWAT teams of Germany and other European countries. At that time, most high-precision sniper rifles are improvements over sporting rifles or hunting rifles, but WA2000 is a notable exception, which is marketed solely for use by military/police snipers. The weapon possesses an exotic design as well as high precision.
- Empty weight: 6.95 kg
- Length: 905 mm (35.6 in)
- Barrel length: 650 mm (25.6 in)
- 7.62×51mm NATO
- .300 Winchester Magnum
- 7.5×55mm Swiss
- Magazine capacity: 6 rds
- Rate of Fire: User-dependent (Semi-automatic)
- Effective range: 700 m (766 yds)
- Sights: Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10X Telescopic sight
|Specifications found in-game|
|*The following data may contain deviations and represent only the game's stance towards the weapon. For reference only.
Type Semi-automatic Bullpup sniper rifle Weight 2.31 kg (5.1 lb) empty (no scope) 2.72 kg (6 lb) loaded (no scope) 6.95 (6.6 lb) loaded (with scope) Length 905 mm (35.6 in) Barrel length 650 mm (25.6 in) Cartridge 7.62×51mm NATO .300 Winchester Magnum 7.5×55mm Swiss Action Gas-operated. rotating bolt Rate of fire Semi-automatic Effective firing range 700 m (766 yds) Feed system 6-round detachable box magazine. A 10-round magazine was also made but never used nor exported. Sights Schmidt & Bender 2.5–10X telescopic sight
Due to how Walther built the WA2000 with quality and accuracy on the top of the priority list while being oblivious to production costs, units were sold at high prices with few customers, culminating in its limited production and sales. It is estimated that a total of only 176 units were produced before production halted in November 1988. Each unit costs 9,000 to 12,500 US dollars in 1988 without their scopes. Only a total of 15 units were exported to the US (there are also claims that put the number at 34, but they are iffy at best), 11 of them ending up in the personal ownership of Earl J. Sheehan, Jr., CEO of the US subsidiary of Walther. Due to their scarce numbers, a single WA2000 sells for prices as high as 75,000 to 80,000 US dollars each in the current US market. Despite this high price, sniper rifle collectors and match shooters still regard this rifle as the "dream rifle" for its rarity (and the ever-rising price) and high accuracy. Orders for WA2000 can still be seen on the official website of Walther, with some calibers to choose from, but without prices, which hints that WA2000s are still available to the customer's order. According to personal confirmation from Earl J. Sheehan, Jr., a WA2000 does indeed cost 75,000 US dollars to be built to an order.
The WA2000 was made in two different variants, but without specific names, making the general population call the first WA20000s as Generation 1, and the rest Generation 2.
The iconic feature of Generation 1 WA2000s is the can-shaped flash hider alongside the fluted barrel to reduce weight and improve heat disspation.
However there are some problems with the gas system of the WA2000, prompting the development of Generation 2, which not only improved the gas system but also reduced felt recoil. Generation 2 WA2000s use a "birdcage" flash hider which also acts as a muzzle brake. The barrel is no longer fluted on Generation 2 WA2000s, the bipods are improved, which helped improve accuracy albeit with the added weight. Walther also shortened the aluminium-alloy frame and the wooden forearm of Generation 2 WA2000s, which kept the weight in line with that of the Generation 1.
|CV：Haruka Tomatsu||Illustrator: 多元菌|
|Health (B)||44 → 88×5||Damage (A)||47 → 130|
|Evasion (C)||4 → 30||Accuracy (S)||10 → 82|
|Movement speed||7 → 7||Rate of Fire (A)||26 → 39|
|Crit chance||40% → 40%|
|182 → 4006|
|Ammo||15 → 55||Rations||30 → 90|
|Assault Focus||Increases Rate of Fire by 45% (75%) for 3 (5) seconds. |
Initial cooldown: 6 seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
|Effect||Applies to HGs|
- The buff effect of handguns will be improved when they undergo establishment augmentations.
- Data in the Stats section correspond to the threshold at level 1 / at level 100 / after MOD 1 digi-mind update / after MOD 2 digi-mind update / after MOD 3 digi-mind update (if available).
- Data in parentheses ("()") is the maximum possible value of the stat.
|Chibi for Op. Manta Ray|
- The words on the bag seen in Op. Manta Ray read "ONE SHOT" "ONE KILL", possibly hinting at the WA2000's high accuracy.
Calm, focused and proud personality, considers herself to be a work of kill, chases after the so-called "art of pure extermination". Claims to be unwilling to be involved in too much relationships, but is in fact just inapt in joining groups.(冷静专注又高傲的性格，认为自己是一件杀戮的作品，追求所谓的“纯粹抹杀艺术”，自称不愿沾染太多感情，事实上只是不擅长融入集体而已。)
In a Chinese fan report on October 27, 2016, her illustrator mentioned some settings regarding WA2000.
- Prefers sweet food, unexpectedly likes rye bread, praising it as "the taste of the adults".
- Likes small furry animals, fears large dogs a bit, but if it is the calmer breeds that won't charge up and force her to the ground on the first sight, she would still approach them (carefully). Rejects crawling bugs and insects. The type that gets knocked by birds, therefore hardly accepts thems. Like most people, [she] will call out greetings that don't get replies instinctively as if the receiver is a small kid when [she] comes into contact with animals she likes. Because it's largely embarrassing from a bystander's view, it's hard to see WA approaching animals on public occasions.
- Tanned her skin into a healthy wheat-color during summer, spent quite some efforts to turn it back, during which [she] intentionally hid from the Commander.
- Desperately inapt at making dishes. With long-and-hard work, even small outcomes makes her dance and cry in joy (followed by the outcome falling to the floor, from which comes agony) (of course this won't be seen by the commander)
- Might play tricks on the commander if unhappy, such as mixing mustard-flavoured candies in ordinary ones before giving them to the commander (but if unfortunately caught the chance to talk to the commander causing herself to be happy, [she] tends to forget causing her to accidentally have the mustard-flavoured candy), or adding salt instead of sugar to the coffee.
- Gets seriously jealous seeing her commander with other dolls, to the extent that the commander feels a chill behind the back, but never develops to hate. Cares a lot to those she loves, but is inapt at expressing. Daily greetings are enough to make her more than happy, while further conversations or even gift-giving perhaps means utmost happiness for wasic
The inspiration for the design of such a character is revealed in the art collection, trascribed as follows:
Elegant, rare, expensive, expressed in the setting having these characteristics, but not the doll itself. Feels more like the pride from the character with her partner [gun]/her half [rather some kind of coincidence], the pride of wanting to keep the high performance she owns, yet unable to lower her ranks to join the public, hence the tsundere setting [aside from these I just drew too much drooping eyes and wanted to draw high eyes!]. Because there're too many red-blacks for the Germany-series.. so (I) wanted to try some different color combinations, hence the yellow-black, and the checkered pattern comes from that on some police uniforms, to show that (WA2000) is primarily used in the police.
Easter egg: Because of claims that the WA2000 first made an appearance in video games in the Hitman series, at least used red for the tie as a neta.
The Hitman series mentioned above refers to the renowned Hitman 47 series known to a great part of the gaming community. Indeed, the WA2000 first made an appearance in the second installation of the seires, Hitman 2 Silent Assassin, with the protagonist, 47, primarily seen in a black suit and a red tie, confirming the illustrator's homage paid to the series by using a red tie on WA2000.
|Poster of Hitman 47|
WA2000 is also a tsundere model among the dolls present in the game, to the extent that she attempts to play pranks on the commander when the latter is already asleep. She also (reluctantly) says "sorry" in one of her quotes.
White Album 2000
WA2000 also earned the nickname White Album 2000 due to the identical initials, WA.
- It is also revealed that G36 prepared chocolate ice cream specifically for WA2000 as Gr MP5 made a rendezvous with WA2000 scouting along the front line in the midnight section of episode 1. Judging by G36's caring personality, it can be safe to assume that WA2000 indeed loves chocolate ice creams.
- This is further reinforced by WA2000 specifically telling Gr MP5 not to let others know of this specific preference despite all the comms being heard by the commander.
- English quotes in italic are rough translations from the Japanese/Chinese part due to a lack of reliable data present in the files.
Where have you gone!? Are you so unwilling to see my face?
My name is WA2000. Commander, stand aside and don't get in my way.
Idiot...if I really hated you then I wouldn't be talking to you.
Listen carefully! Don't casually call my name and don't touch my gun with your filthy hands!
Eh? My face is red? It's because...it's a bit hot today! D-Don't get the wrong idea!
Is there anything else left to do? Letting someone so valuable like myself be busy the entire day, you'd better reward me well after work, okay?
Eek! I wasn't scared or anything! Ah! Don't bring that jack-o'-lantern any closer!
Since you look like you're free, and you look so pitiful being alone, I will accompany you for a bit...
Op. Manta Ray
I'll come even if you don't say it. Now thank me quick.
'Hmmm...Go and strike? Welp ain't nothing bad.
|Attacking (use remains unclear)||
Go die! Go die! Go die quick!
Makes me think...of a face making me angry.
Idiot....I'm not wanting you to worry about me.
Pfft, even if I get straightforward, I'll still get underestimated.
|Winning battle as MVP||ほら、感謝しなさいよ。
See, now remember to thank me.
Just let me kill, all the enemies here.
|Beginning logistic support||ふん～！いいわ、やってあげる。
Humph, ok, I'll show it to you.
|Finishing logistic support||無事に帰ってきたのよ。当然でしょう。
Came back all fine, isn't it for granted?
Humph~A new face I haven't seen. A new girl?
Dummy link? Well, ain't a "no" for once.
I have come personally to thank you so you-you just take it with all your gratefulness.
Quit bothering me!
It'll be your turn to die!
I am, built for killing.
I'm a tool created solely for the purpose of killing, and I've never thought about anything else besides that. Commander, are you sure you want me by your side? Hmm...with this, perhaps I'll become even more perfect.
- http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4838403340?share=9105&fr=share&see_lz=0&sfc=copy&client_type=2&client_version=126.96.36.199&st=1507875781&unique=EE8345C9DF3799EE35412BEBBADD2ADB Fan report (in Chinese)
- Characters labeled "EXTRA" are the results of various collaboration efforts and are not directly based on actual firearms.
- Artist for sidebar:孟達
- Sidebar picture Pixiv ID:64877151