Girls' Frontline: M14
Welcome to Girls' Frontline wiki！You can look up information regarding Girls' Frontline.
Moegirlpedia welcomes you to take part in improving related articles!
You are welcome to assist inediting this article。Please understand the editing guidelines and search for related information before editing. Please do not post anything inappropriate in the comment section, including but not limited to argument-causing language and personal attacks. Moegirlpedia wishes you a nice time on this site.
Commander, I will not let you down!
|Girls' Frontline: M14|
|Original name||M14 Rifle|
|Place of origin||USA|
|Manufactured by||Springfield Armory|
|Relative(s) or related person(s)|
M14 is a character from the SLG game Girls' Frontline developed by MicaTeam and published by SUNBORN Network Technology Co., Ltd. and its derivatives.
The M14 rifle, officially the United States Rifle, 7.62 mm, M14, is an American automatic rifle that fires 7.62×51mm NATO (.308 in) ammunition. It became the standard-issued rifle for the U.S. military in 1959 replacing the M1 Garand rifle in the U.S. Army by 1961 and the U.S. Marine Corps by 1965 until being replaced by the M16 rifle beginning in 1964. The M14 was used by U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps for basic and advanced individual training (AIT) from the mid-1960s to the early 1970s.
The M14 rifle developed by Springfield Armory is essentially an improved M1 Garand firing the shorter 7.62x51mm NATO instead of the .30-06 cartridge used by the M1 Garand, and is fed by a 20-round detachable magazine instead of the 8-round en bloc clip found in the M1. The M14 also has a selector which enables the weapon to switch between semi- and full-auto (despite most of the M14 in the US military having a selector lock in the place of the lever to lock the weapon in semi-auto). The angle at which the bolt locks into the barrel is different from the M1 Garand to improve reliability. The M14 is designed as a battle rifle with squad automatic weapon, match rifle, sniper rifle and ceremonial variants. The M14 was used as a battle rifle from the Cuban Missile Crisis all the way to the year 2002 in Afghanistan.
The M14 was the last American battle rifle issued in quantity to U.S. military personnel. It was replaced by the M16 assault rifle, a lighter weapon using a smaller caliber intermediate cartridge. The M14 rifle remains in limited service in all branches of the U.S. military as an accurized competition weapon, a ceremonial weapon by honor guards, color guards, drill teams and ceremonial guards, and sniper rifle/designated marksman rifle. Civilians models in semi-automatic are used for hunting, plinking, target shooting, and shooting competitions. The M14 is the basis for the M21 and M25 sniper rifles which were largely replaced by the M24 Sniper Weapon System. A new variant of the M14, the Mk 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle has been in service since 2002.
|The M14 rifle|
- 3.64 kg /8.0 lbs empty without magazine
- 5.0 kg/11.0 lbs with loaded magazine and sling
- Length: 1125 mm
- Barrel length: 559mm/22" (4 grooves, right-hand twist, 1-in-12)
- Cartridge: 7.62×51mm NATO
- Action: Long-stroke gas-operated rotary bolt
- Muzzle velocity: 853 m/s
- Rate of fire: 700-750 RPM (cyclic)
- Firing modes: Semi/Auto
- Sight radius: 678 mm
- Feed system: 20-round detachable magazine OR 5-round stripper clip directly into the receiver to feed the magazine
|Specifications found in-game|
|*The following data may contain errors and represent only the game's opinion.
Type Battle rifle Weight 9.2 lb (4.1 kg) empty 10.7 lb (5.2 kg) w/ loaded magazine Length 44.3 in (1.126 mm) Barrel length 22 in (559 mm) Cartridge 7.62×51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) Action Gas-operated. rotating bolt Rate of fire 700–750 rounds/min Muzzle velocity 850 m/s (2.800 ft/s) Effective firing range 460 m (500 yd) 800+ m (875+ yd) (with optics) Feed system 20-round detachable box magazine Sights Aperture rear sight. "barleycorn" front sight
|Index number: No.037||Rarity: ★★★|
|Place of origin: USA||Gun Type: RF|
|CV: Saori Oonishi||Illustrator: Rain Lan|
|Stats (Growth: A)|
|Health (B)||42→84||Damage (B)||41→108|
|Evasion (C)||4→27||Accuracy (A)||10→71|
|Movement speed||7→7||Rate of Fire (S)||30→43|
|Crit rate||40% → 40%|
|Damage Focus||Increase damage by 35% (60%) for 3 (5) seconds.|
Initial cooldown 6 seconds / Skill cooldown 10 (8) seconds.
Keypads 3, 9
|Drops||[3-3] Covert Reinforcement, [3-4] Defensive Operation, [3-5] Swift Counterattack, [3-6] No Hunting|
|Other||Reward for reaching Commander level 40/45/50|
- The buff effect of handguns will be improved when they undergo establishment augmentations.
- Data in the Stats section correspond to the threshold at level 1 / at level 100 / after MOD 1 digi-mind update / after MOD 2 digi-mind update / after MOD 3 digi-mind update (if available).
- Data in parentheses ("()") is the maximum possible value of the stat.
- Despite the mediocre maximum damage of 108, M14 boasts the highest DPS (at 92.88/sec or 148.608/sec after skills) among all 3-star RF's (without equipment or third-party buffs), ranking 7th among all RF's (and 5th/4th after skills (barring those with non-ROF/damage buffs) depending on night/day) currently in the game.
- This made her one of the best RF's to start with in the game.
- During Closed Beta of the CN build, M14 possessed some of the best stats both in level 1 and 100, second only to Lee-Enfield, sparking a meme that there were two kinds of RF's in the game--one being M14, the other being non-M14.
|I don't mean you...|
- M14 received a nerf in RoF during Open Beta, inferior to most 5-star RF's. However, the aforementioned high DPS makes her a frequent MVP in battles.
- M14's illustrator once mentioned about her fondness of hearing an ear picked or grinded with teeth.
- Her quotes reflect M14 being one of the few dolls who seem to be not fond of the commander touching her too often.
- Her quotes may also hint that M14 herself is based on the Springfield M1A, the semi-automatic civilian version of the M14 instead of the original M14.
- M14 as a doll is classified as an RF despite her weapon being chambered in the full-power 7.62x51mm NATO and being capable of full-auto firing, in contrast with G3 and FAL.
- This may be an allusion to the fact that most M14's due to their uncontrollable recoil in full-auto were locked to semi-auto to facilitate (relatively) accurate firing.
- M14's high rate of fire (highest among all RF's) at 43 (or ~1.16 s/shot) may also be alluding to this fact.
- In the (soon to come in EN build) Neural Upgrade teaser first released in December 22, 2016 (for the CN build), three partially shaded illustration were leaked by MicaTeam, leading to the belief that the first ones to receive Neural Upgrades would be M14, G43 and FF FN49 (despite only the FF FN49 received her upgrade in the CN build).
- Despite the most suitable choice for M14 to "upgrade" into wielding an M21, the latter has already been included in the game.
- This means that if M14 is to actually have a Neural Upgrade, she would have the highest likelihood of being upgraded into a doll wielding the M14 EBR.
- Despite said speculation, the silhouette of the weapon in the screenshot appears to not have received a significant change.
- Said illustration is officially included in the official artbook first introduced in early 2017 in Chinese.
- M14 as of the current CN build still hasn't received a Neural Upgrade yet.
- M14 appears to have received a variety of commendations judging from the ribbons on her uniform (shown below)
- Upper left: The Silver Star Medal given to members of the US Armed Forced for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States.
- Upper right: (Suspected to be) The Bronze Star Medal given to members of the US Armed Forces for either heroic achievement, heroic service, meritorious achievement or meritorious service in a combat zone.
- Middle left: The Commendation Medal (US Army variant) given for sustained acts of heroism or meritorious service or valorous actions in direct contact with an enemy where such actions are of a lesser degree than required for the award of the Bronze Star Medal.
- Middle center: (Suspected to be) The Good Conduct Medal given to any active duty enlisted member of the US military who completes three consecutive years of "honorable and faithful service".
- Middle right: The National Defense Service Medal given to service members who served honorably during a designated time of which a "national emergency" had been declared during a time of war or conflict, or any other periods the Secretary of Defense designates.
- Lower left/Lower middle: ?
- Lower right: (Suspected to be) The Navy Unit Commendation given to any Navy or Marine Corps unit that has distinguished itself by outstanding heroism in action against the enemy, but insufficient to justify the award of the Presidential Unit Citation despite the need for Unit Commendation ribbons to be worn on the right.
- English quotes in italic are rough translations from the Japanese/Chinese part due to a lack of reliable data present in the files.
Commander, all good? We are waiting on you.
Commander, I will not let you down!
You...touched me just now, didn't you? You totally did!
Victory. This word just has a nice ring to it, right?♪
C'mon! Be prepared, and victory shall be ours!
|As adjutant (post-oath)||
Commander, Commander! Wanna hear a joke? It's a bit embarrassing, but...you're used to it, right? Heheh...
|As adjutant (in Christmas outfit)Coming soon||メリークリスマーーース！指揮官、サンタさん来ますよね、来ますよね！
Merry Christmas! Santa Claus is coming, right? RIGHT?
M14 will try her best.
Finally my turn to go, can't wait anymore.
It's the enemy, be careful.
Uuuu...I didn't know it could turn this way!
Alas, just taking a little nap...huhuh...
|Winning battle as MVP||指揮官，聞こえました？勝利の鐘が鳴ってます。
Commander did you hear? It's the chimes for victory.
Uu...uu...I'll...I'll.. next time....
|Beginning logistic support||指揮官，了解です，良い知らせを待っててくださいね。
Understood, commander. Just wait for my good news.
|Finishing logisitic support||ただ今戻りました，指揮官。
I'm back, commander.
Production is complete.
Grea---t! This way I'll become more powerful.
Body feels warmer.
About time for me to show my true strength.
Have a taste of the power of civilian weapons!
This day is finally here, Commander. I've always been wondering when you'd notice me... This is the happiest of my entire life!
- Characters labeled "EXTRA" are the results of various collaboration efforts and are not directly based on actual firearms.