To users who come from 萌娘百科 and 萌えっ娘百科事典, please make sure, you are able to contribute with an intermediate or higher level of English before edit.
Welcome to Girls' Frontline wiki！You can look up information regarding Girls' Frontline.
Moegirlpedia welcomes you to take part in improving related articles!
You are welcome to assist inediting this article。Please understand the editing guidelines and search for related information before editing. Please do not post anything inappropriate in the comment section, including but not limited to argument-causing language and personal attacks. Moegirlpedia wishes you a nice time on this site.
Girls' Frontline's synopsis extends that of Code name:Bakery girl, the previous game by MicaTeam. Set in a heavily devastated human society after the 3rd World War, the power of nations were no longer sufficient to protect their territory, relying on third-party "Private Security Contractors" to accomplish this.
Attention:The synopsis of Girls' Frontline is merely a part of that of Code name:Bakery girl (refer to: Girls' Frontline:Synopsis#Timeline), after the outbreak of the 3rd World War in 2045, and before the 1st Antarctica War in the 2080s. The story of Girls' Frontline takes place in 2062, with "Operation Cube" and "Arctic" being roughly half a year apart.
- 1 Background
- 2 Terms
- 3 Synopsis
- 4 The 10-year Honeymoon, the foundation of the Antarctic Union and the 1st Antarctica War
- 5 Timeline of Girls' Frontline
- 6 External links and references
The USSR (then Russia under Tsardom) first found an unknown life artifact in 1905 and subsequently started research on it, marking the first contact between humans and the collapse/countercollapse technology.
Due to the intrusion of the Beilan Island Lockdown Area by 7 middle-school students, they suffered attacks by those infected by
Tensions were high even after the war concluded, with nations no longer powerful enough to protect their own stability and security, relying on private security contractors/private military contractors instead. The story of Girls' Frontline is set during this period, where players act as commanders under the command of a contractor, commanding their T-dolls to help stabilize the world.
- Generalized term for a certain type of robots, specifically those developed from 2033 onwards, with high intelligence and resemblance to humans. They are capable of daily services or simple combat assistance, and evolved into the mainstay of combat as technology advanced.
- By locking down the authority level of A-dolls during production, A-dolls unanimously follow human orders, despite extremely high levels of artificial intelligence and possessing the capability of simulating parts of human emotions. A-dolls became hard to distinguish from normal humans as their appearance and emotion expressions became increasingly similar to that of humans with technology advancements.
- A type of A-dolls, dedicated to combat. With scarce manpower and harsh conditions after the war, there was increasingly high demand for A-dolls for military purposes, kickstarting the T-doll program that utilizes A-dolls specialized in combat.
- T-dolls are split into two generations, with Generation 1 simply being A-dolls wielding firearms, modified from A-doll models currently suitable for combat. While T-dolls of Generation 2 have much higher combat capabilities through the "sear" and the "dummy network" systems, and are easy to command on a massive scale.
- The basis of T-dolls originates from normal civilian A-dolls, but dedicated models for combat are also researched later.
- Dummy T-dolls
- Independent T-dolls ("mainframes") can possess a number of dummy T-dolls through dummy expansions. They have identical combat capabilities as their mainframes, but have simplified intelligence capable of accepting and executing orders only.
- Zener protocol
- A wide-area communication protocol by 90wish, this specialized communication-transmission protocol enables T-dolls in the same area to form communication networks and transmit data directly, without the assistance of mainframes or satellite devices. Works similarly to P2P technology.
- The Theory of Etching：
- A theory by Persica in 2054, the Theory of Etching proved that objects can form special connections in a new "field" after being processed with a specialized, unified etching method.
- IOP manufacturing company attempted to utilize this theory on T-dolls, to form "etched" connections between T-dolls and their weapons, with the aim of reaching combat effectiveness unachievable by humans.
- According to personal disclosure by Persica herself, she was inspired by the work into the collapse of the artifact during her research of the theory.
- Based on this theory, Persica formed the 16LAB corporation with the aid of IOP, in an effort to protect the Theory of Etching and its derivative technologies.
|The Theory of Etching|
|Why choose T-dolls instead of normal combat robots for combat|
- The sear system：
- “My weapon, as if it hasbecome my arms, my eyes... the extensions of my body. I can know all of it. Even if it is taken from me, I can still know whether it points east.”
- A practical technology formed by extending the Theory of Etching, with research finished in 2058 and subsequently announced by Persica. Officially known as "Advance [sic] Statistic Session Tool" (ASST), this enables one-to-one remote sensory connections between T-dolls and their weapons.
- As described by T-dolls themselves, they "have the senses split into two, with the ability to constantly feel the other half of myself, as if the firearm is the extension of my body, another limb, therefore using it as if it had eyes and could see."
- Due to searing-like method of processing the connections, the ASST technology is also known as the "sear" technology.
- A one-to-one independent connection will be made on T-dolls with their weapons when they get off the assembly line through the ASST.
- A particular specialty of the ASST is that it is possible to design the features of T-dolls based on the characteristics of their weapons.
- According to parameters and historical data from servers, the T-doll will determine the most suitable form, the modus operandi, and even the personality for themselves with the aid of the ASST.
- T-dolls have greatly improved effectiveness and accuracy when using their own dedicated weapon, and are capable of sensing the location of their weapons under certain physical circumstances.
- Even so, physical factors still impose limitations upon the combat effectiveness of T-dolls.
- This technology is licensed to a number of manufacturers, but contents related to the core are still solely owned by Persica herself.
|The "sear" system|
|The relationship between firearms and T-dolls|
- Private military contractors：
- To reduce financial costs and management pressure after the 3rd World War, remaining nations and organizations only concentrated on protecting large cities and industrial bases, while leaving other areas to private military contractors through bidding.
- With this trend, private military contractors grew rife, earning high profits from stabilizing regions. Industrial companies producing weapons and equipment for PMCs subsequently skyrocketed. The composition of PMCs were mainly human mercenaries. PMCs with T-dolls soon appeared as A-doll technologies developed.
- A PMC formed by former veteran Kryuger, full name
Grifon & KryugerPrivate Security Contractor. Its operational funds were mainly supplied by government officials with personal ties with Kryuger, as well as large commercial organizations. It used human mercenaries at first, similar to other PMCs.
- However, Kryuger saw new opportunities after the Generation 1 T-dolls were invented. He hoped to purchase T-dolls as the main force of Grifon, to reduce human casualties.
- Tactical commanders：
- Human commanders hired by Grifon, and are the player-characters. They are tasked with managing and commanding T-dolls to accomplish the regional security duty.
- The prime criterion for tactical commanders is not specialized training and experience, but some kind of special psychological test to ensure that they work well with Grifon T-dolls, in addition to sufficient patience, courage and loyalty.
- Tactical commanders are scarce resources in this era of chaos. Due to that T-dolls do not have the authority to operate on their own, the commanders are like brains of T-doll echelons. For the same reason, they are often on the top of the hit-list by Sangvis Ferri units. Commands from successful operations are recorded as templates, to enable T-dolls operate with some autonomy in similar situations. Some advanced, highly-effective Grifon echelons are also capable of operating without outer assistance for short periods of time.
- Due to an intense need of human resources to withstand the Sangvis Ferri offensive, Grifon had to expand their commander personnel in an emergency in 2062.
- IOP Manufacturing Company：
- An industrial production company founded during the 3rd World War, with unclear predecessors. IOP acquired technical support from former 90wish mumber Persica, and started manufacturing T-dolls alongside daily-service A-dolls.
- IOP is the main supplier of Grifon T-dolls. According to the commercial contracts signed by both parties, if Grifon received excessive numbers of T-dolls or found usable T-dolls on the battlefield, they can be returned to IOP and have their fire-control cores and weapons dismantled in accordance with Firearms Control Regulations, and then modified for other purposes for re-marketing in the civilian market.
- Sangvis Ferri：
- Industrial manufacturing company with a long history, formed after the Beilan Island Incident. With their diverse state-of-the-art military products, Sangvis Ferri controls a wide portion of the local market.
- After the 3rd World War, Sangvis Ferri accepted former 90wish Lycoris into its structure, and developed brand-new T-dolls with the help of artificial intelligence.
- Sangvis Ferri T-dolls went into uncontrollability after an unknown incident and killed all human staff. Sangvis Ferri is now under complete control of AI, and are enemies of humans.
- Beilan Island Incident：
- An unknown life artifact excavated in 1905 in Eastern Europe put human beings in touch with the collapse/countercollapse technology.
- In 2030, a small adventure by some middle-school students strayed into the highly-classified artifact, and the subsequent rescue went wrong, causing a full-scale leak of the core material of this technology--the collapse fluid. Due to ineffective lockdown measures, the collapse fluid inflicted unprecedented damage to the outer world, evaporating cities, causing the human population to go on a steep dive, and rendering large quantities of land contaminated beyond habitable limits.
- This devastation that changed the entire world was called Beilan Island Incident.
- The 3rd World War：
- The disaster from Beilan Island Incident spread wildly on the globe. Nations accused each other while hastily saving themselves from the crisis. Eventually, at the peak of conflicts, and fueled by the purest and most barbaric lust of humans--the need for clean soil and food, a world-wide war erupted, and was coined the term "World War III".
- The world became even worse after the war, with the order of civilization dangling on the edge of survival. Sovereignties were no longer able to protect the security of its residents, causing the flourishing of PMCs, and large amounts of land were further contaminated, unsuitable for inhabiting and resource mining, directly contributing to the technology advancements in machinery and artificial intelligence.
From the angle of basic theoretical physics, the unknown civilization had reached staggering heights in terms of controlling microscopic particles. This manifests in high-density compressions of the macroscopic matter. What the artifact exhibited was a highly-integrated compound system, with different analysis reports indicating the complexity of the artifact technology. However, we were able to draw some conclusions about the technology system of the artifact, which can be further divided into the "collapse technology" and "countercollapse technology".
In the case of the collapse technology, suppose that the molecular wall is an actual wall. Due to external force, the bricks of a wall scatter on the ground, and so would the collapse technology do to molecules. While on the other hand, countercollapse technology restores the gravitational pull system between molecules, like bricks flying back to form the exact same wall.
According to theories, the unknown civilization had utilized the collapse technology to the common degree that it was mentioned in analyses of artifacts worldwide. Analyses show that the unknown civilization utilizes a kind of collapse fluid to disrupt the molecular force between molecules of the matter (but it is inappropriate to call it "fluid", as it is a kind of particle wave that propagates in a disordered movement, and manifests in quantum invisibility after it penetrates matter. The radiation frequency during penetration is high and the composition differs, with only the bottom quark and photons observable), disrupting the molecule composition, causing collapse of the molecular structure, and utilizes the molecular force to twist and compress the original molecular space, quantifying it. The recording device then records the original composition of molecules in preparation for countercollapsing, and concludes the collapse. This falls within human knowledge and is currently the most widely-used artifact technology up to this date.
Countercollapse technology works in reverse to the aforementioned collapse technology. After blocking the electron source diffusion, the computer imports the model structure of the matter, and the collapse fluid subsequently de-activated the compressed state of matter, resuming the vibration of molecules. The matter, after absorbing photons of the same frequency, undergoes massive energy level transitions of electrons, causing high temperatures in the process, and transforming the matter into an active fluid state (NOTE: not liquid). The molecules, following the structural model, returns to their original positions and the molecular forces are restored. The diffusion restriction is then lifted, concluding the countercollapse.
The delay of human research on the artifact technologies caused them to have difficulties handing even the most basic collapse technology, as if they still didn't know that matter is made up of atoms and molecules.
According to reports, different artifacts exhibit different methods of utilizing their technology. Before the formation of the United Nations Bureau of Artifact Science(UNBAS), the full understanding of nations about the artifacts was never achieved. In fact, large-scale artifact exhibitions had already started not long after WWII, however the core technology of collapse/countercollapse could never be understood by the science levels then. Even supernations could only use it as rudimentary weapons even 40 years later. Before the advancement of microscopic physics, humans never realized that the collapse technology was not terrible. The true threat lies in that it completely manipulates the mechanics of the macroscopic world, as the bridge between the microscopic and the macroscopic world, capable of disassembling and reassembling everything, and can even remotely transfer this previously uninmaginable technology. The impact to basic physics by the collapse technology remains substantial even up until now, but this is negligible when compared to the countercollapse technology, which is way beyond what imaginations of contemporary science could reach.
Recent artifact research and the GAVIRUL resurface program
After a series of incidents caused by unprepared research and experiments by the USSR and the US, the world realized that it is extremely difficult to attempt analyzing the overall technology of the artifact with current technologies, shedding light and focus on indirect approaches to work on the unknown civilization.
Practically intact remains of an unknown being was excavated in the 1960s at the site of Beilan Artifact, located in Shanghai, China. The being was deemed as one of the intelligent beings who created the artifact civilizations, and was named "GAVIRUL", or, as known in Chinese, "
After GAVIRUL was stored, the Beilan Island artifact, due to a lack of other useful research value and being located 67 meters below ground level, the site of the excavation was completely sealed after 12 years, to make way for the expanding city. GAVIRUL was forgotten for 30 years, until the foundation of the UNBAS and its subsequent research on GAVIRUL. After long periods of arguments and political wrestles, the GAVIRUL resurface program surfaced.
The program was chaotic and lacking guidance from the very start. Barring political aims, biologists within the Bureau split into two factions. One emphasizes that the GAVIRUL program was the key to reactivating the artifact and planned to thoroughly study and replicate the technology of the artifact post-activation, while the other planned to pause the excavation of the artifact, instead using the funds and the projects on the humanization of the fetus itself, as a bridge to understand how dangerous the unknown civilization is. The latter received wide support as the world remains in instability, and the subsequent GAVIRUL humanization program based on the genetic composition of GAVIRUL was soon activated. Due to instabilities of the genes, there was an extremely high death rate of the feti (at a staggering 98.9%), with only two surviving. To ensure the integrity of chromosomes, all the feti were female, and as a result of egg difference, the two surviving feti exhibited Caucasian and Mongolian characteristics. As numbered by observation plans, the Caucasian-resembling female was labeled G-37, while the Mongolian-resembling female was labeled G-114. Due to genetic defects, G-37 had white hair, while the G-114 had normal black hair. Both females were indistinguishable in their baby phases from normal humans. As a result of this particular characteristic, the research institute named the G-37/G-114 observation plan as "Black Lily & White Rose", thereby naming the twins as "Lily" and "Rose", with their genetic backups named as "Lachesis" and "Anthropos" respectively stored in temperature chambers set at a constant -80 degrees Celsius.
Observation subjects had unusually fast growth. The females had characteristics of a 14-year-old human when they were only 7. According to a variety of test results, no specialties were exhibited sans the muscle attachment strength and the activity intensity of the front lobe. When studying whether Lily and Rose could pose influence on the artifact, no reaction was observed. 20 years of observation basically concludes the GAVIRUL resurface program as a failure, therefore aiding the growth of the opinion to continue direct analysis of the artifact. After producing feti sample backups and storing the archives, the funds originally meant for the "Black Lily & White Rose" project was diverted to the "Weight Bearing" compact force-assisting system, a system also related to artifact technologies. This system later served as the structural basis of the Assault Artillery. Due to lacks of data after the war's outbreak, we were unable to gather complete data of Lily and Rose afterwards. However fragments of reports show that they might be involved in covert operations against the E.L.I.D., on the eve before the 1st Beilan Island Incident. We are unable to know whether they are directly or indirectly contributing to the Beilan Island Incident.
1st Beilan Island Incident
The 1st Beilan Island Incident was not the first incident related to failures in handling the artifact crisis, but the failure of this incident completely changed the world. Destructive development works done to the artifact caused small amounts of collapse fluid to escape from the crystallized capsules containing it, with overly deep excavations for city constructions further damaging the external insulation layer of the artifact. The radiation of the particle ray caused humans on the ground to exhibit Euroky Low-emission Infectious Disease (ELID) symptoms. Due to lack of experience handling ELID events, the municipal government did not pay close attention, and never reported this to the higher government bodies, but instead only proceeded with simple isolation and evacuation to the contaminated area. Felonies related to ELID skyrocketed, with Special Security Police starting to eye into the series of felonies. After handling the cases, Beilan island went into complete lockdown, isolated from the municipality.
However the level of the lockdown went into constant descent as the public started to slowly forget the Incident, reaching level IV only 15 months later.
This weakening of lockdown and surveillance strengths became one of the factors that triggered the Beilan Island Incide.t
The start of the 1st Beilan Island manifested in 7 middle school students trespassing the lockdown area, and was attacked by those infected by ELID. the Special Security Police sent in a 4-man squad equipped with the police model of AA-03D (a model of the AA series which improved different features of the Weight Bearing system) to effect rescue. However, the attempt was botched, and all 11 people were killed. According to the last seconds of video sent back by the external camera mounted on the AA-03D, there was complete chaos within the artifact, with the squad members attempting to forcibly seal the entrance through demolitions, but failed. The explosion caused the breakdown of the external wall, followed by the uncontrollable leak of the collapse fluid. The gathering of the collapse fluid caused instantaneous high temperatures through high-density particle fusion. The cloud of collapse particles sent out by the subsequent blast and jet-streaming destroyed the entire city in an instant. The collapse particle clusters then started to spread out, driven by the wind that it created in the blast. The area covered by the clusters were devastated, with populations dropping sharply due to ELID outbreaks, greatly diminishing the area suitable for human inhabitance. Nations were busy handling the collapse cloud for the next 15 years, before reaching the conclusion that the time needed for the cloud to decay to levels suitable for human contact would be approximately 100,000 years. Accusation and arguments between nations heated, with disputes reaching unrecoverable levels, eventually causing the 3rd World War, in an effort to secure the remaining habitable land for themselves.
The 3rd World War and the Independence of Antarctica
The 3rd World War spanned the entire period from April 15, 2045 to June 29, 2051. Due to stratospheric spread of the collapse particle cloud jamming communications, most satellites went offline. The same jamming effects caused long-range ballistic missiles to be unable to effectively avoid interceptions, making it hard to effectively incapacitate targets even when executing saturation attacks. The missile attacks during the first phase of the War, while not causing substantial losses to nations, drew tension to the situation. Observing saturation attacks by a large number of ICBMs, and with communications completely severed, the Russian submarines dormant under the see determined that a nuclear war had already started, and proceeded with launching mid-range SLBMs equipped with nuclear warheads. Though not intercepted, the lack of effective guidance caused the SLBMs to miss major cities, instead creating several zones of high radiation levels. This situation directly radicalized the situation, leading up to a nuclear war. The second phase involves aerial conflicts by nations in the stratospheric level, with strategic bombers bringing nuclear cruise missiles conducting breaches. To eliminate hostile aerial threats while protecting their own aircrafts, the belligerent nations started 3 large-scale naval-aerial battles. After losing a majority of their fleet and aircrafts, the war proceeded into its third phase. As the objective turned to securing uncontaminated land, the intensity of ground-level conflicts was unusually high, reaching a record level in the human history. This imposed yet another cut in the human population, turning many un-infected uncontaminated zones into ghost zones by destruction of the war. 6 years after the war started and with the disappearance of over 3000 divisions of soldiers, the nations were unable to start new battles, with remaining nations such as Chine, the US and Russia initiating negotiations to end the war, and they did end it with the signing of mutually-limiting pacts. However, hostilities still exist. After reducing their territories and relocating heavy industrial zones, the remaining nations relied on time to regain power and prosperity. Most of the sovereignties had collapsed, with a single nation on its own unable to extend humanity. Rocksetism emphasizing on balanced societies and centralized power was proposed, and was internationally accepted. The United Nations was founded again in 2062, with the
Prior to the 1st Beilan Island Incident, in 2023, the artifact of the unknown civilization discovered in an enormous cavity under the Antarctica ice cap was confirmed as the largest artifact system to date. Although the UNBAS was not as powerful as it used to, but with the funding of some high-end scientists and from the society, the excavation and analysis of the Antarctica artifact soon started. Dr. Jonas and Doctor Li Deming hosted this project. Thanks to the environmental advantages of the cavity, the excavation did not need to worry about effects on other people in other areas in case of an ELID outbreak. All the staff participating in the excavation received ELID-resistant genetic enhancements, and were equipped with the newest "Weight Bearing" system. For the next 10 years Dr. Li worked on creating safe, reliable countercollapse fortresses and the creation of the Cavity City. The massive artificial countercollapse gate at a height of 1217 meters became only the sights Cavity City citizens could behold. Dr. Jonas worked on multiple levels decoding and analyzing the artifact technology at the same time. The first major breakthrough was only 20 years later. The first man-controllable experimental countercollapse reactor was built in 2047, with utilization of the countercollapse technology in supercomputers accomplished 2 years later, making calculations of models created by microscopic matter possible.
For self-defense reasons, Antarctica announced that the Cavity City was independent as a nation and would remain absolutely neutral after the 3rd World War broke out in 2045. After the announcing of the Speech of Neutrality, all methods of entry into the Cavity City was sealed, and the City went dormant for 20 years. With the war drowning their memories, the work on the Antarctica artifact was long forgotten by the leaders of the belligerent nations.
There were 50 years between the start of the Antarctica artifact expedition and the Oil Tanker incident that triggered the UURSG to come into contact with Antarctica. This 50-year gap bought Antarctica the ticket to understand the collapse and countercollapse technology. This technology advancement, though still in its preliminary stages, left the UURSG in the dust.
The 10-year Honeymoon, the foundation of the Antarctic Union and the 1st Antarctica War
Economy was back on tract after the foundation of the UURSG, with the advancement of basic physics and the research on artifact technology slowly resuming. The UURSG and Antarctica resumed communications and formed diplomatic relationships. To both sides' surprise, their respective worlds had drastically changed in the 50 years. Out of humanitarian sympathies, Antarctica started to assist in infrastructure construction of cities within the vicinity of Antarctica, applying Antarctic technologies in nearby cities on a large scale, marking the start of the 10-year UURSG-Antarctica Honeymoon.
As Antarctica intensified its investment in nearby cities, the nearby nations showed prosperities unseen in landlocked nations. The counterreactive decay fortress retook areas under control by the collapse particle cloud, reversing the situation the humans faced. However, due to ideological differences and the strong technological power exhibited by Antarctica, the Antarctica Threat Theory appeared within the UURSG, with distrust of the Antarctica by inland nations growing severe.
The objection against Antarctica started from the cultural aspect. Due to extreme differences in living conditions, the consciousness of two sides vary in great depths, gradually promoting hostilities between citizens of the two sides, accompanied by increasingly strong calls for aggressive approaches to Antarctica. In 2078, some near-Antarctica nations declared their detachment from the UURSG and their pro-Antarctica stance, forming the Antarctic Union. This had led to a complete change in attitude of the UURSG to Antarctica, making the Antarctica Threat Theory the main topic.
To express their peaceful stance, Antarctica pulled its personnel and technology out of some near-Antarctica nations that didn't join the Union. However, the great cut in investment and mutual commercial trades prompted the UURSG to consider that substantial hostility had formed within Antarctica, which led to the passing of the Act of restrictions on Antarctica by the UURSG. This had led to protests by the Antarctic government, calling all its citizens to return to Antarctica, while the UURSG downplayed this as being extraordinarily foolish.
Some Antarctic youngsters who stayed at near-Antarctica nations threw rocks at the police who locked their residential area down, prompting the latter to open fire at them. This caused riots by Antarctic citizens in the cities, with large-scale armed conflicts with local radical factions. The UURSG sent troops on a large scale to suppress the riots, arresting Antarctica citizens en masse. In response, Antarctica decided to commence armed intervention.
Under the cover of protecting its citizens, Antarctica launched its strike operation in September 2089, codenamed snakeslay, marking the start of the 1st Antarctica War.
The UURSG did not take the declaration of war seriously, downplaying the effectiveness of the military of a nation with a sub-30-million population. However, Antarctica finished accepting the collapse/countercollapse technology years ago, breaking UURSG defense lines rapidly, like avalanches. Commanders of UURSG found out that everything of Antarctica, from the methods used for strikes, to the accuracy of fire-control systems, was ahead of the UURSG by several generations. The intelligence-processing and -acquiring speed of Antarctica forces were exponential powers of that of UURSG, making the battlefield unilaterally clear. AR. Cop NB-90 matter-transfer vessels maintains supremacy in the sky, making UURSG hard to deploy aerial units on the battlefield. And through its early-warning systems and location pinpointing, multi-track low-altitude missiles of Antarctica virtually eliminated the UURSG fleet locking down Antarctica in mere seconds, deterring any other UURSG fleet form showing up. With the assistance of high-efficiency self-regulating systems, mere teams of infantry coordinating with "trolley" gunships eliminated UURSG troops with the number more than a hundred times their number, as if they were just strolling with trolleys in the supermarket. The war would have ended when it started if it wasn't for the limited logistic abilities of the Antarctic troops being only capable of locking down the vast coastline of the UURSG and the political appearance-maintaining foreign policy of the Antarctic government. With UURSG using large quantities of long-range ballistic missiles conducting random saturation attacks on numerous transfer bases in an attempt to interfere with the push of Antarctic troops, and the order prohibiting retaliation against inland nations of the UURSG by the Antarctic government, the war transitioned into a stalemate. If they could not master the collapse/countercollapse technology, there would be no resisting Antarctica.
The ban on excavating and analyzing artifacts was lifted instantly, with unusually large investments done on theoretical physics research. But it was impossible to fully understand the entire technology, prompting the UURSG science institute to use the most direct and most effective method: to activate the artifact, and then counter-measure it, using its technology as brutally as their counterpart 1 century earlier.
The work on activating the artifact was commenced immediately, and it was found that a completely matching genetic chain was needed to fully activate the artifact facility, which was proved a failure in the "Black Lily & White Rose" in the GAVIRUL resurface program. It was never easy to start from the beginning. As people were losing hope on the artifact research, it was found that a new project to develop GAVIRUL feti was already started 13 years ago, called "Project Trigoddess"
The Project Trigoddess was the first and the only cooperation between scientists of Antarctica and the UURSG. As it was in the Honeymoon period, the relationship between both sides were very friendly, taking only a short amount of time before planning and execution. Doctor William from the UURSG and Doctor Philip from Antarctica hosted yet another GAVIRUL resurface program, with Dr. William dedicated to sample reconstruction, while Dr. Philip worked on analyzing the matching method between the genetic chain of GAVIRUL and the artifact matter. Due to the loss of the "Lachesis" sample (it was also speculated that the UURSG deliberately hid it), the program started from the restoration of "Anthropos". Aside from manual uterus development, the test-tube fetus implantation into the volunteers' uteruses was also utilized. Technological advancements raised the survival rate of the feti, to 72.3%, with feti G-179, G-214 and G-264 surviving. All three subjects inherited the growth characteristics and the genetics defects. Doctor William named the three subjects "Jefuty", "Noylu" and "Lunixya", respectively, and commenced an approximately 3-year-long period of observation. Due to differing aims of Dr. William and Dr. Philip, work fell into a pause in 2084. The relationship between the UURSG and Antarctica worsened in 2085, with the Antarctic research team receiving orders to pull out form Berlin. However, due to obstacles posed by the UURSG special service, the plan to return to Antarctica was not fulfilled. Large-scale riots erupted in 2086, with Doctor Philip and his wife going missing in Canberra, before being determined killed in group conflicts. Their only son was escorted back to Antarctica. G-214 "Noylu" and G-264 "Lunixya" was under the control of UURSG and Antarctica respectively, with G-179 "Jefuty" missing.
Intel suggests that during the 5 years of both side having one subject, their work on artifact technology did not have great progress, and therefore it is inferred that "Noylu" and "Lunixya" did not have the ability to activate the artifact material, while "Jefuty", being born by natural delivery, was under intensive search by both sides. She was the only hope of the GAVIRUL resurface program that both sides tried to capture ahead of the other. However, it was as if "Jefuty" never existed, before being spotted again in operation "Bakery" in 2092.
===Operation Bakery The search for "Jefuty" by Antarctica never ceased, with the UURSG being restricted by technological problems and military strikes working even harder. The Antarctic intelligence agency "MID" intercepted UURSG intelligence regarding spotting G-179 "Jefuty"'s stay with multiple unknown persons in former Poland in 2092. To avoid exposure, MID sent 8 operatives to enter the Caucasian region with other purposes, aiming to capture G-179 and her accomplices and bring her back to Antarctica. This operation was codenamed "Bakery".
The early phases of operation "Bakery" was led by Captain Carl Minderfeld, entering the mountain ranges 20 kilometers east of Teberda in the Karachay region, tasking the 8 operatives to conduct early reconnaissance and surveillance, with TASA Squad 3 led by Colonel Campfield. However, due to intelligence leaks and deficiencies in the intelligence, Captain Minderfeld's team was ambushed not long after entering the area, losing 7 operatives prior to the start of the mission. Although MID got into contact with G-179 and another unidentified subject, it suffered a loss of 2 infiltration teams due to traitors betraying. Eventually only one operative named "Mund" escaped the ambush with G-179, and succeeded in protecting her in the capture operation by the UURSG. Due to the strategic importance of G-179, the UURSG employed various measures to ensure their success: they started coordinated counterattacks on main battlefronts on the Eastern Front, occupying the other Antarctica units, high-density lockdown of the town in which the target was located to prevent Antarctica from infiltrating reinforcements, putting virtually every fighter aircraft and electronic warfare aircraft of the northern warzone in the air to suppress close-range fire support of the Antarctic Air Force, sending in multiple spec ops units into the town to conduct close-range offensives, making the TASA squad protecting G-179 busy repelling the attackers, and forcing the long-range artillery units of Antarctica unable to conduct fire support. G-179 suddenly went insubordinate after 2 hours of firefights, forcing TASA to forfeit operation "Bakery" and pull out from the area. G-179 eventually fell into UURSG hands and was swiftly hidden after capture was complete, taking another two years for the Antarctic intelligence agencies to find her again.
Operation "Kindling" and the end of the 1st Antarctica War
Operation "Kindling" was the last large-scale special operation conducted by the Antarctic forces. MID found through spies hidden within the UURSG the black base hiding G-179, codenamed "Bear's den". Campfield accused MID of underestimating enemy strengths and collecting incorrect intelligence. He made large amounts of work prior to the operation, and strongly demanded that the Spec Ops Command to direct the operation, instead of MID.
The black base the UURSG built was in fact a large research facility in the middle of an artifact. The UURSG used the subject to activate the artifact and counter-measure it, with subject modifications being part of the plan. To protect this facility, the UURSG used large amounts of funds to form a complete protection system, and stationed troops as guards. To accelerate the research on collapse/countercollapse technology, the UURSG rebuilt the Advanced Research Planning Agency (ARPA), to ensure that the militarization of the artifact research and protection falls under one command system.
The militarization scheme of this scale naturally could not evade the eyes of Antarctica. But Antarctica knew nothing besides the location of the base, and it is extremely risky to conduct operations in the blind. But out of distrust of MID and attempting to hastily regain control of G-179, Colonel Campfield insisted on attacking "Bear's den". To solidify the technological advantage of Antarctica, his operation was soon authorized. Operation "Kindline" began on November 7, 2097.
Antarctic troops first conducted firepower cutoff 5 kilometers to the flanks of the base, and applied strong electronic interference to paralyze the communications of "Bear's den" to the outside world. Ordinary units were deployed on main roads to "Bear's den", and despite attempts to delay the advancements, the UURSG units were soon eliminated by aerial strikes. Divided into 5 teams, TASA attempted airdrops directly over the base, but two transports were shot down by hidden anti-aircraft batteries, killing virtually all the teams inside. One TASA soldier survived the crash, and discovered the secret entrance to the base. It is worth noting that the operative was the exact one with G-179 "Jefuty" two years ago. TASA destroyed the armed resistance, and found the canon G-179. As the expedition into the artifact continued, Mund discovered that the UURSG replicated subjects on a large scale, and tried to implant the genetic data into the newest T-dolls. To his surprise, G-264 "Noylu" was also found, along with replicas. According to orders received, he needed to extract the canon subject and search for all possible intelligence. But as the outer teams of TASA attempted to effect rendezvous with Mund, they were met with heavy resistance from the elite UURSG within the artifact. This slowed down the rescue and forced Mund to retreat to the deeper parts of the artifact. The performance of G-179 and G-264 was a pain for the guarding forces, and suffered heavy casualties due to unable to extend their firepower, in an effort to avoid damaging the subject. UURSG reinforcements were en-route and the Antarctic spec ops units were unable to hold them off. Pressure added by the fact that aerial units couldn't stay long demanded that Mund must bring out the subject quickly and leave "Bear's den" as soon as possible, while the UURSG attempted to take the subject back and annihilate the enemy with the help of reinforcements. The decisive factor was the test subject. The commander of "Bear's den" made a last-ditch effort, mounting an assault with squads equipped with the Assault Artillery AA-03' fire platform. However, the heavy firepower of AA-03 destroyed the Secondary Insulation Wall of the artifact, disabling the ionic protection layer of the collapse fluid, causing a leak of particle clouds. The UURSG soldiers, not having genetic enhancements to counter ELID, immediately exhibited acute symptoms of ELID, putting the UURSG forces at the brink of collapse. The leak of the particle fluid caused a rapid rise of the internal temperature within the artifact, and could unleash another disaster similar to the 1st Beilan Island Incident if the high-density particles fuse. This caused the Antarctic officials and their UURSG counterparts to reach a surprisingly swift agreement. As the UURSG did not have the non-nuclear arsenal to instantaneously destroy the base, the AR. Cop NB-90 of Antarctica forces would launch XK-Pluto III air-to-ground long-range ballistic missile, with the UURSG sending the command to not intercept the missile and commencing withdraw of troops. Different from previous launches, the warhead was not attached on this missile. Instead, it was to inject the molten plutonium in its engine to vaporize all the collapse fluid to prevent a second eruption. Due to communication jamming by the collapse fluid, the TASA in the vicinity of "Bear's den" could not receive the order to retreat, while Mund attempted to repel infected UURSG soldiers while attempting to escape from the artifact. Campfield led remaining squads to effect rescue, while the UURSG forces made their last attempts to prevent is from doing so. Colonel Campfield, G-179 "Jefuty", Mund, G-264 "Noylu" and all the remaining TASA members went missing in the battle. The entire base, from the surface to 70 meters below ground level was completely melted, therefore making their fate unknown.
This battle made both sides suffer heavy losses. The UURSG lost its most important research base, and had to permenantly seal this artifact, while Antarctica lost huge quantities of troops and aircrafts, and made their elite TASA troops suffer heavy damage, which was unacceptable for the Antarctic army. Realizing the terrifying capabilities of Antarctica and being unable to resume the research on artifacts in a short timeframe, in addition to being unable to break the lockdown by Antarctica, the UURSG government collapsed, with the subsequently found UURSG central government voluntarily negotiating for peace talks, starting in Singapore 2 months later. As a result, the UURSG admitted the legitimate position of nations in the Antarctic Union, while Antarctica lifted its lockdown and regional strikes against the UURSG, ending the military hostility between the two, putting the world in an equilibrium, with both sides regaining strength. This false peace lasted for 18 years, until the start of the 2nd Antarctic War in 2112.
Operation "Epiphyllum" was an unofficial infiltration operation by MID. Though peace agreements were signed, secret intelligence activities never ceased. Operation "Epiphyllum" was not the first and not the last black operation by MID. Through intelligence gathering, MID found that the UURSG attempted to enter the deserted site of the artifact on Beilan Island. Due to Beilan Island being a non-military zone, Antarctica could not sent in conventional units to effect reconnaissance. Therefore, MID authorized the black op, sending operatives without identities to infiltrate Beilan Island. Though the ground-zero of the eruiption of the artifact, most of the collapse fluid stayed in mid-air, therefore there wasn't much dose in the vicinity of Beilan Island. A minor fraction of the cloud dropped and entered the soil as sediment, prompting the WHO to investigate the area to confirm whether or not it needed purification. The operatives, using a false identity, joined the investigation team of the WHO, and entered Beilan Island with the convoy. Insurgents in Beilan Island attacked the convoy, causing heavy casualties of the investigation team, with the contamination levels of the island rising rapidly for unknown reasons. UURSG forced had to lock down the area, and started to fire at survivors exhibiting ELID symptoms. The last encrypted messages received by Antarctic intelligence agencies show that there still existed GAVIRUL feti in Beilan Island, but contact was lost later. Beilan Island was repeatedly bombed by fuel-air bombs, incinerating everything to dust.
The 2nd Antarctic War to be continued...
Timeline of Girls' Frontline
- 2030 After the Beilan Island Incident
- Deteriorating environment threatened the production conditions of industries worldwide, with manufacturers facing bankruptcy.
- "Sangvis Ferri" was formed in 2031, one year after the Beilan Island Incident, and specializes in military products.
- The worsening of the environment made threatened even outdoor activities and survival of humans, promoting artificial intelligence and robotics as the prime problem in 2033.
- The "A-doll" tech entered experiment stages in the same year. As a new-generation robot, A-dolls have appearances similar to normal humans, extremely high artificial intelligence and command-execution abilities. They provided great convenience to humans in both daily tasks and combat tasks, drawing great attention.
- The A-doll tech reached near-maturity in 2038, but due to the large amount of work inputting complex commands to each A-doll, the effectiveness was low and it was not widely utilized in combat.
- 2045 3rd World War
- During the war, Sangvis Ferri accumulated large amounts of capital and market favoring with its excellent military product services.
- An elite network technology group, calling themselves "90wish", announced on the internet that they would provide some patented technology in exchange for outer help. Due to them providing A-doll technology, this did not became a subject of discussion in the society. This name was soon forgotten with the dust of the war, unknown by people as time progressed.
- Due to the weakening of the concept of government and organization, and the living needs of humans as well as excavation attempts in contaminated areas, PMCs grew rife in 2051.
- 2053 Grifon & Kryuger Private Military Contractor founded by former veteran Kryuger
- Former veteran Kryuger founded and started running the Grifon & Kryuger Private Military Contractor in 2053. The combat force of Grifon was then mainly human mercenaries.
- IOP introduced their Generation 1 T-dolls in 2054. Basically an A-doll equipped with a weapon with mediocre combat effectiveness. But Kryuger wished to purchase T-dolls as the main combat force, to reduce human casualties.
- Persica published former-90wish-tech "Zener protocol" in the same year, allowing T-dolls to form data links independently, while exhibiting her own "Theory of Etching" at the same time. This would allow specialized connections between T-dolls and their weapons, drastically improving the accuracy when firing. This sparked interest from Kryuger. But the aforementioned technologies were still experimental, with some distance to practical use.
- Sometime later in 2054, Sangvis Ferri, now also a PMC, mastered some kind of technology that allows mounting a high-intelligence AI into a mainframe, and subsequently calculating reasonable autonomy plans with the input of one simple command. This high-level mainframe, named "ELISA", had her own T-doll unit to execute her own plans through remote communication. The developer of this tech was Lycoris, former 90wish member like Persica. Sangvis Ferri positioned its factories in a resource-rich zone, though high in ELID contamination factors, it had no worries about the supplies for T-dolls or whatsoever. The only downside of "ELISA" was her chronological instability of intelligence, but was stated as minor bugs by Lycoris, and would be fixed soon.
- Grifon started officially accepting security contracts in 2055. Through personal ties of Kryuger and successful ad campaigns, Grifon rose through the ranks of PMCs.
- 2057 Foundation of 16LAB
- Due to concerns about restricted research environments, Persica reached an agreement with IOP that IOP would hire more technical personnel with its capital and found the 16LAB institute to maximally protect the independency of her technology and help improve her research environment, in exchange for unanimous provision of practical technology by Persica. The main subject of research was the "Zener protocol" from 90wish, in an effort to upgrade the information network system of T-dolls.
- The "Dummy network" technology was publicized by 16LAB in the same year. This allows one mainframe to control a vast amount of T-dolls, greatly enhancing commanding effectiveness. This technology is basically an improvement done on the "Zener protocol". What Kryuger saw was the advantage of the dummy network, and proposed to share it with Lyco to further enhance the effectiveness of T-dolls in action. But Lyco, then busy working on artificial-intelligence, refused to take part in the compatibility work.
- Persica's personal research turned out to be well in 2058. She submitted the "ASST technology" (or "sear" technology) to IOP, which enables one-to-one recognition between T-dolls and their dedicated weapons, enhancing their combat effectiveness.
- The "sear" coupled with the "dummy network" contributed to the introduction of Generation 2 T-dolls. With 16LAB having both patents, both IOP and Grifon profited.
- In response to the demand of Grifon, IOP purchased the brand-new AI recording method in 2060, the "psychology map", which allows for memory storage within the T-doll herself, and choosing a proper time to upload to the servers for backup, to mitigate the data loss when T-dolls are destroyed on the battlefield.
- Several assassinations were carried out in Grifon divisions in the same year, resulting in the deaths of multiple high-level Grifon personnel.
- 2061 The formation of AR squad
- Formed by T-dolls M4A1 and another three of the same manufacturing period, M16A1, M4 SOPMOD II and AR15. Many parameters of M4A1 was higher than average levels, therefore capable of executing various types of missions with high efficiency, making her the leader.
- 2061 Butterfly incident
- Sometime later in 2061, an unknown spec ops team infiltrated the technical department of Sangvis Ferry, in an effort to steal technical data of "ELISA". But it went wrong, causing Lyco to activate defensive programs. The spec ops unit attempted to damage the A-dolls executing defense objectives, but stray bullets hit Lyco amidst the firefight, causing his death. Lyco activated "ELISA" before his death, causing her to take over all authority in Sangvis Ferri, locking down the entire enterprise and activating A-dolls to kill all humans, including the spec ops unit and Sangvis Ferri employees. This was called the "Butterfly incident". However due to the small size of Sangvis Ferri, and the lockdown of information, it did not gain much attention.
- However, for the next 6 months, Sangvis Ferri had been attempting to break through the military lockdown by Grifon. While struggling for contracts, Grifon faced direct pressure from Sangvis Ferri.
- 2062 6 months after the Butterfly incident
- Grifon decided to hire another batch of human commanders 6 months after the Butterfly incident. They do not need specialized training and experience, but instead have to pass some kind of specialized psychological test, to measure their cooperation with T-dolls, in addition to enough patience, courage and loyalty.
- Persica continued her research in a secret chamber in 16LAB. But missing code fragments caused her to be unable to understand the final puzzle before Lyco's death: why would "ELISA" attack humans. She requisitioned the AR squad to infiltrate Sangvis Ferri territory, to search for every database Lyco used not only to recover the lost codes, but also to know whether the death of Lyco was really just an accident.
- "ELISA" acquired a T-doll's body in the ruins of Sangvis Ferri, and kept self-evolving in silence. She wanted to become the perfect AI her father wanted:a psychology indifferent from humans. She wanted to find the perfect AI sample among the data of her father, however it was not intact. One of the copies was kept in an old database when Lyco was still at 90wish, and was kept at one of the safehouses: Safehouse 3.
- It was then when when "ELISA" caught the tracks of the AR squad. Through the passcode provided by Persica, they were able to infiltrate Safehouse 3 and get the data. ELISA then sent elite Sangvis Ferri units to track the AR squad down, but members of the AR squad got separated in the chaos, with the data-carrying M4A1 missing. Persica could only turn to the Grifon headquarters for help, requesting assistance from the nearest commander at Zone S06, to search for the AR squad.
- #Grifon tutorial system# Why choose T-dolls instead of... From @少女前线 - Weibo
- #Grifon tutorial system# The relationship between firearms and T-dolls from @少女前线 - Weibo
- #Girls' Frontline#Illustrations#Difference between T-dolls and A-dolls# From @少女前线 - Weibo
- #Girls' Frontline# It's worth to mention that T-doll retiring... From@少女前线 - Weibo