To users who come from 萌娘百科 and 萌えっ娘百科事典, please make sure, you are able to contribute with an intermediate or higher level of English before edit.
Welcome to Girls' Frontline wiki！You can look up information regarding Girls' Frontline.
Moegirlpedia welcomes you to take part in improving related articles!
You are welcome to assist inediting this article。Please understand the editing guidelines and search for related information before editing. Please do not post anything inappropriate in the comment section, including but not limited to argument-causing language and personal attacks. Moegirlpedia wishes you a nice time on this site.
*BEWARE: All the following content is a fan-translation from the original Chinese text. Deviations may appear when the English version of the Synopsis is released.
Girls' Frontline's synopsis extends that of Code name:Bakery girl, the previous game by MicaTeam. Set in a heavily devastated human society after the 3rd World War, the power of nations were no longer sufficient to protect their territory, relying on third-party "Private Security Contractors" to guard their lands.
Attention:The synopsis of Girls' Frontline is merely a part of that of Code name:Bakery girl (refer to: Girls' Frontline:Synopsis#Timeline), after the outbreak of the 3rd World War in 2045, and before the 1st Antarctica War in the 2080s. The story of Girls' Frontline takes place in 2062, with "Operation Cube" and "Arctic" being roughly half a year apart.
- 1 Background
- 2 Terms
- 3 Synopsis
- 3.1 Collapse/countercollapse technology
- 3.2 Subsequent artifact research and the GAVIRUL resurface program
- 3.3 1st Beilan Island Incident
- 3.4 The 3rd World War and the Independence of Antarctica
- 3.5 The 10-year Honeymoon, the foundation of the Antarctic Union and the 1st Antarctica War
- 3.6 Project Trigoddess
- 3.7 Operation Bakery
- 3.8 Operation "Kindling" and the end of the 1st Antarctica War
- 3.9 Operation "Epiphyllum"
- 3.10 The 2nd Antarctic War to be continued...
- 4 Timeline of Girls' Frontline
- 5 Timeline of A-dolls
- 6 External links and references
Background[edit | edit source]
The USSR (then Tsarist Russia) first unearthed an artifact of an unknown being in 1905 and subsequently conducted research on it, marking the first contact between humans and the collapse/countercollapse technology.
Seven middle-school students trespassed the Beilan Island Lockdown Area and were attacked by those infected by
Tensions between nations were high even after the war concluded, with individual countries no longer powerful enough to maintain stability within their own territories, relying on private security contractors/private military contractors instead. The story of Girls' Frontline is set during this period, where players act as commanders under the command of a contractor, commanding their T-dolls to help bring the world back in line.
Terms[edit | edit source]
- An umbrella term for a certain type of robots, specifically those developed after 2033 with high intelligence level and close resemblance to humans. They are capable of daily services or simple combat assistance, and later evolved into the main force of combat as technology advanced.
- By deliberately limiting the authority level of A-dolls during production, A-dolls unanimously follow human orders, despite extremely high levels of artificial intelligence and possessing the capability of simulating limited human emotions. A-dolls became hard to distinguish from normal humans as their appearance and emotion expressions became increasingly similar to that of humans with technology advancements.
- A more specific term referring to A-dolls specifically dedicated to combat. With scarce manpower and harsh conditions after the war, there was an ever increasing demand for A-dolls for use in military applications, kickstarting the T-doll program that turns A-dolls into models specializing in combat.
- T-dolls are split into two generations, with Generation 1 simply being A-dolls wielding firearms, modified from A-doll models currently suitable for combat. While Generation 2 T-dolls have much higher combat capabilities through the "sear" and the "dummy network" systems (mentioned below), and are easy to command on a massive scale.
- T-dolls originate from normal civilian A-dolls, but dedicated models for combat are also developed later.
- Dummy T-dolls
- Independent T-dolls ("mainframes") can possess a number of dummy T-dolls through establishment augmentations. They have identical combat capabilities as their mainframes, but have simplified intelligence capable of only accepting and executing orders.
- Zener protocol
- A wide-area communication protocol by 90wish, this specialized communication-transmission protocol enables T-dolls in the same area to form communication networks and transmit data directly, without the assistance of mainframes or satellite devices. Similar to P2P technology.
- The Theory of Etching：
- A theory by Persica in 2054, the Theory of Etching proved that objects can form special connections in a new "field" after being processed with a specialized, unified etching method.
- IOP manufacturing company attempted to utilize this theory on T-dolls, to form "etched" connections between T-dolls and their weapons, with the aim of reaching combat effectiveness unachievable by humans.
- According to personal disclosure by Persica herself, she was inspired by the work into the collapse of the artifact during her research of the theory.
- Based on this theory, Persica formed the 16LAB corporation with the aid of IOP, in an effort to protect the Theory of Etching and its derived technologies.
|The Theory of Etching|
|Why choose T-dolls instead of normal combat robots for combat|
- The sear system：
- “My weapon, as if it hasbecome my arms, my eyes... the extensions of my body. I can know all of it. Even if it is taken from me, I can still know whether it points east.”
- A practical technology formed by extending the Theory of Etching, with research finishing in 2058 and was subsequently disclosed by Persica. Officially known as "Advance [sic] Statistic Session Tool" (ASST), this enables one-to-one remote sensory connections between T-dolls and their weapons.
- As described by T-dolls themselves, they "have the senses split into two, with the ability to constantly feel the other half of myself, as if the firearm is an extension of my body, another limb, therefore using it as if it had eyes and could see."
- Due to searing-like method of processing the connections, the ASST technology is also known as the "sear" technology.
- A one-to-one independent connection will be made on T-dolls with their weapons when they get off the assembly line through the ASST.
- A peculiarity of the ASST is that it is possible to design the features of T-dolls based on the characteristics of their weapons.
- According to parameters and historical data from servers, the T-doll will determine the physical form, the modus operandi, and even the personality most suitable for themselves with the aid of the ASST.
- T-dolls have greatly improved effectiveness and accuracy when using their own dedicated weapon, and are capable of sensing the location of their weapons under certain physical circumstances.
- Even so, physical factors still impose limitations upon the combat effectiveness of T-dolls.
- This technology is licensed to a number of manufacturers, but contents related to the core are still solely owned by Persica herself.
|The "sear" system|
|The relationship between firearms and T-dolls|
- Private military contractors：
- To reduce financial costs and management pressure after the 3rd World War, remaining nations and organizations focused on only protecting large cities and industrial bases, while leaving other areas to private military contractors through bidding.
- With this trend, private military contractors grew rife, earning high profits from stabilizing regions. The number of industrial companies producing weapons and equipment for PMCs subsequently skyrocketed. The composition of PMCs were mainly human mercenaries. PMCs with T-dolls soon appeared as A-doll technologies developed.
- A PMC formed by former veteran Kryuger, full name
Grifon & KryugerPrivate Security Contractor. Its operational funds were mainly supplied by government officials with personal ties with Kryuger, as well as by large commercial conglomerates. It used human mercenaries at first, similar to other PMCs.
- However, Kryuger saw new opportunities after Generation 1 T-dolls were invented. He hoped to purchase T-dolls as the main force of Grifon, to reduce human casualties.
- Tactical commanders：
- Human commanders hired by Grifon, and are the player-characters. They are tasked with managing and commanding T-dolls to accomplish the regional security duty.
- The prime criterion for tactical commanders is not specialized training and experience, but some kind of special psychological test to ensure that they work well with Grifon T-dolls, in addition to sufficient patience, courage and loyalty.
- Tactical commanders are scarce resources in this era of chaos. Due to that T-dolls do not have the authority to operate on their own, the commanders are like the brains of T-doll echelons. For the same reason, they are often on the top of the hit-list by Sangvis Ferri units. Commands from successful operations are recorded as templates, to enable T-dolls operate with some autonomy in similar situations. Some advanced, highly-effective Grifon echelons are also capable of operating without outer assistance for short periods of time.
- Due to an intense need of human resources to withstand the Sangvis Ferri offensive, Grifon had to expand their commander personnel in an emergency in 2062.
- IOP Manufacturing Company：
- An industrial production company founded during the 3rd World War, with unclear predecessors. IOP acquired technical support from former 90wish mumber Persica, and started manufacturing T-dolls alongside daily-service A-dolls.
- IOP is the main supplier of Grifon T-dolls. According to commercial contracts signed by both parties, if Grifon received excessive numbers of T-dolls or found usable T-dolls on the battlefield, they can be returned to IOP and have their fire-control cores and weapons dismantled in accordance with Firearms Control Regulations, and then modified for other purposes for re-marketing in the civilian market.
- Sangvis Ferri：
- Industrial manufacturing company with a long history, formed after the Beilan Island Incident. With their diverse state-of-the-art military products, Sangvis Ferri controls a wide portion of the local market.
- After the 3rd World War, Sangvis Ferri accepted former 90wish member Lycoris into its structure, and developed brand-new T-dolls with the help of artificial intelligence.
- Sangvis Ferri T-dolls went into uncontrollability after an unknown incident and killed all human staff. Sangvis Ferri is now under complete control of AI, and are hostile towards humans.
- Beilan Island Incident：
- An unknown life artifact excavated in 1905 in Eastern Europe put human beings in touch with the collapse/countercollapse technology.
- In 2030, a small adventure by some middle-school students strayed into the highly-classified artifact, and the subsequent rescue went wrong, causing a full-scale leak of the core material of this technology--the collapse fluid. Due to ineffective lockdown measures, the collapse fluid inflicted unprecedented damage to the outer world, evaporating cities in seconds, causing the human population to plunge, and rendering large quantities of land contaminated beyond habitable limits.
- This devastation that changed the entire world was called Beilan Island Incident.
- The 3rd World War：
- The disaster from the Beilan Island Incident spread wildly on the globe. Nations accused each other while hastily saving themselves from the crisis. Eventually, at the peak of conflicts, and fueled by the purest and most barbaric lust of humans--the need for clean soil and food, a world-wide war erupted, and was coined the term "World War III".
- The world became even worse after the war, with the order of civilization dangling on the edge of survival. Sovereignties were no longer able to protect the security of its residents, causing the flourishing of PMCs, and large amounts of land were further contaminated, unsuitable for inhabiting and resource mining, directly contributing to the technology advancements in machinery and artificial intelligence.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Collapse/countercollapse technology[edit | edit source]
In our ordinary world, the most stable state of matter is usually called its solid state, with molecular binds being the most secure. However from the perspective of the unknown civilization, the solid state is not an excellent state for preservation. They viewed the composition of matter as a fluid-state, making their physics laws different from those currently standing.
From the angle of general theoretical physics, the unknown civilization had reached staggering heights in terms of controlling microscopic particles. This manifests in high-density compressions of macroscopic matter. What the artifact exhibited was a highly-integrated compound system, with different analysis reports indicating the complexity of the artifact technology. However, we were able to draw some conclusions about the technology system of the artifact, which can be further divided into the "collapse technology" and "countercollapse technology".
In the case of the collapse technology, suppose that the molecular wall is an actual wall. Due to external force, the bricks of a wall scatter on the ground, and so would the collapse technology do to molecules. While on the other hand, countercollapse technology restores the gravitational pull system between molecules, like bricks flying back to form the exact same wall.
According to speculations, the unknown civilization had utilized the collapse technology to the common degree that it was mentioned in analyses of artifacts worldwide. Analyses show that the unknown civilization utilizes a kind of collapse fluid to disrupt the molecular force between molecules of the matter (but it is inappropriate to call it "fluid", as it is a kind of particle wave that propagates in a disordered movement, and manifests in quantum invisibility after it penetrates matter. The radiation frequency during penetration is high and the composition differs, with only the bottom quark and photons observable), disrupting the molecule composition, causing collapse of the molecular structure, and utilizes the molecular force to twist and compress the original molecular space, quantifying it. The recording device then records the original composition of molecules in preparation for countercollapsing , and concludes the collapse. This falls within human knowledge and is currently the most widely-used artifact technology up to this date.
Countercollapse technology works in reverse to the aforementioned collapse technology. After blocking the electron source diffusion, the computer imports the model structure of the matter, and the collapse fluid subsequently de-activates the compressed state of matter, resuming the vibration of molecules. The matter, after absorbing photons of the same frequency, undergoes massive energy level transitions of electrons, causing high temperatures in the process, and transforms the matter into an active fluid state (NOTE: not liquid). The molecules, following the structural model, returns to their original positions and the molecular forces are restored. The diffusion restriction is then lifted, concluding the countercollapse.
The delay of human research on the artifact technologies caused them to have difficulties handing even the most basic collapse technology. If we suppose that the artifact technology is a gas can, and humans as primitive humans, the primitives now can only cause destruction by detonating the gas can, without even the slightest idea that the gas can is but a tool for modern humans to prepare food.
According to reports, different artifacts exhibit different methods of utilizing their technology. Before the formation of the United Nations Bureau of Artifact Science(UNBAS) in 1992, the full understanding of nations about the artifacts was never achieved. In fact, large-scale artifact excavations had already started not long after WWII, however the core technology of collapse/countercollapse could never be understood by the science levels then. Even supernations could only use it as rudimentary weapons even 40 years later. Before the advancement of microscopic physics, humans never realized that the collapse technology was not terrible. The true threat lies in that it completely manipulates the mechanics of the macroscopic world, as the bridge between the microscopic and the macroscopic world, capable of disassembling and reassembling, and even remotely transfer matter in any form, which is previously uninmaginable. The impact to general physics by the collapse technology remains substantial even up until now, but this is negligible when compared to the countercollapse technology, which is way beyond what imaginations of contemporary science could reach.
Subsequent artifact research and the GAVIRUL resurface program[edit | edit source]
After a series of incidents caused by unprepared research and experiments by the USSR and the US, the world realized that it was extremely difficult to attempt analyzing the overall technology of the artifact with contemporary technologies, shedding light and focus on indirect approaches to work on the unknown civilization.
Practically intact remains of an unknown being was excavated in the 1960s at the site of Beilan Artifact, located in Shanghai, China. The being was deemed as one of the intelligent beings who created the artifact civilizations, and was named "GAVIRUL", or, as known in Chinese, "
After GAVIRUL was stored, the Beilan Island artifact, due to a lack of other useful research value and being located 67 meters below ground level, was completely sealed after 12 years, to make way for the expanding city. GAVIRUL was forgotten for 30 years, until the foundation of the UNBAS and its subsequent research on GAVIRUL. After long periods of arguments and political wrestles, the GAVIRUL resurface program surfaced.
The program was chaotic and lacking guidance from the very start. Barring political aims, biologists within the Bureau split into two factions. One emphasized that the GAVIRUL program was the key to reactivating the artifact and planned to thoroughly study and replicate the technology of the artifact post-activation, while the other planned to pause the excavation of the artifact, instead using the funds and the projects on the humanization of the fetus itself, as a bridge to understand how dangerous the unknown civilization is. The latter received wide support as the world remains in instability, and the subsequent GAVIRUL humanization program based on the genetic composition of GAVIRUL was soon activated. Due to instabilities of the genes, there was an extremely high death rate of the feti (at a staggering 98.9%), with only two surviving. To ensure the integrity of chromosomes, all the feti were female, and as a result of egg difference, the two surviving feti exhibited Caucasian and Mongolian characteristics. As numbered by observation plans, the Caucasian-resembling female was labeled G-37, while the Mongolian-resembling female was labeled G-114. Due to genetic defects, G-37 had white hair, while the G-114 had normal black hair. Both females were indistinguishable in their baby phases from normal humans. As a result of this particular characteristic, the research institute named the G-37/G-114 observation plan as "Black Lily & White Rose", thereby naming the twins as "Lily" and "Rose", with their genetic backups named as "Lachesis" and "Anthropos" respectively stored in temperature chambers set at a constant -80 degrees Celsius.
Observation subjects had unusually fast growth. The females had characteristics of a 14-year-old human when they were only 7. According to a variety of test results, no specialties were exhibited sans the muscle attachment strength and the activity intensity of the front lobe. When studying whether Lily and Rose could pose influence on the artifact, no reaction was observed. 20 years of observation basically concludes the GAVIRUL resurface program as a failure, therefore aiding the growth of the opinion to continue direct analysis of the artifact. After producing feti sample backups and storing the archives, the funds originally meant for the "Black Lily & White Rose" project was diverted to the "Weight Bearing" compact force-assisting system, a system also related to artifact technologies. This system later served as the structural basis of the Assault Artillery. Due to lacks of data after the war's outbreak, we were unable to gather complete data of Lily and Rose afterwards. However fragments of reports show that they might be involved in covert operations against the E.L.I.D., on the eve before the 1st Beilan Island Incident. We are unable to know whether they have been directly or indirectly contributing to the Beilan Island Incident.
1st Beilan Island Incident[edit | edit source]
The 1st Beilan Island Incident was not the first incident related to failures in handling the artifact crisis, but the failure of this incident completely changed the world. Destructive development works done to the artifact caused small amounts of collapse fluid to escape from the crystallized capsules containing it, with overly deep excavations for city constructions further damaging the external insulation layer of the artifact. The radiation of the particle ray caused humans on the ground to exhibit Euroky Low-emission Infectious Disease (ELID) symptoms. Due to lack of experience handling ELID events, the municipal government did not pay close attention, and never reported this to the higher government bodies, but instead only proceeded with simple isolation of and evacuation out of the contaminated area. Felonies related to ELID skyrocketed, with Special Security Police starting to eye into the series of felonies. After handling the cases, Beilan island went into complete lockdown, isolated from the municipality.
However the level of the lockdown went into constant descent as the public started to slowly forget the Incident, down to level IV only 15 months later.
This weakening of lockdown and surveillance strengths became one of the factors that triggered the Beilan Island Incident.
The start of the 1st Beilan Island Incident manifested in 7 middle school students trespassing the lockdown area, and was attacked by those infected by ELID. the Special Security Police sent in a 4-man squad equipped with the police model of AA-03D (a model of the AA series which improved different features of the Weight Bearing system) to effect rescue. However, the attempt was botched, and all 11 people were killed. According to the last seconds of video sent back by the external camera mounted on the AA-03D, there was complete chaos within the artifact, with the squad members attempting to forcibly seal the entrance through demolitions, but failed. The explosion caused the breakdown of the external wall, followed by the uncontrollable leak of the collapse fluid. The gathering of the collapse fluid caused instantaneous high temperatures through high-density particle fusion. The cloud of collapse particles sent out by the subsequent blast and jet-streaming destroyed the entire city in an instant. The collapse particle clusters then started to spread out, driven by the wind that it created in the blast. The area covered by the clusters were devastated, with populations dropping sharply due to ELID outbreaks, greatly diminishing the area suitable for human inhabitance. Nations were busy handling the collapse cloud for the next 15 years, before reaching the conclusion that the time needed for the cloud to decay to levels suitable for human contact would be approximately 100,000 years. Accusation and arguments between nations heated, with disputes reaching unrecoverable levels, eventually causing the 3rd World War, in an effort to secure the remaining habitable land for themselves.
The 3rd World War and the Independence of Antarctica[edit | edit source]
The 3rd World War spanned the entire period from April 15, 2045 to June 29, 2051. Due to stratospheric spread of the collapse particle cloud jamming communications, most satellites went offline. The same jamming effects caused long-range ballistic missiles to be unable to effectively avoid interceptions, making it hard to effectively incapacitate targets even when executing saturation attacks. The missile attacks during the first phase of the War, while not causing substantial losses to nations, drew tension to the situation. Observing saturation attacks by a large number of ICBMs, and with communications completely severed, the Russian submarines dormant under the sea determined that a nuclear war had already started, and proceeded with launching mid-range SLBMs equipped with nuclear warheads. Though not intercepted, the lack of effective guidance caused the SLBMs to miss major cities, instead creating several zones of high radiation levels. This situation directly radicalized the situation, leading up to a nuclear war. The second phase involves aerial conflicts by nations in the stratospheric level, with strategic bombers bringing nuclear cruise missiles conducting breaches. To eliminate hostile aerial threats while protecting their own aircrafts, the belligerent nations started 3 large-scale naval-aerial battles. After losing a majority of their fleet and aircrafts, the war proceeded into its third phase. As the objective turned to securing uncontaminated land, the intensity of ground-level conflicts was unusually high, reaching a record level in the human history. This imposed yet another cut in the human population, turning many un-infected uncontaminated zones into ghost zones by destruction of the war. 6 years after the war started and with the disappearance of over 3000 divisions of soldiers, the nations were unable to start new battles, with remaining nations such as China, the US and Russia initiating negotiations to end the war, and they did end it with the signing of mutually-limiting pacts. However, hostilities still exist. After reducing their territories and relocating heavy industrial zones, the remaining nations relied on time to regain power and prosperity. Most of the sovereignties had collapsed, with a single nation on its own unable to extend humanity. Rocksetism emphasizing on balanced societies and centralized power was proposed, and was internationally accepted. The United Nations was founded again in 2062, with the
Prior to the 1st Beilan Island Incident, in 2023, the artifact of the unknown civilization discovered in an enormous cavity under the Antarctica ice cap was confirmed as the largest artifact system to date. Although the UNBAS was not as powerful as it used to, but with the funding of some high-end scientists and from the society, the excavation and analysis of the Antarctica artifact soon started. Dr. Jonas and Doctor Li Deming hosted this project. Thanks to the environmental advantages of the cavity, the excavation did not need to worry about effects on other people in other areas in case of an ELID outbreak. All the staff participating in the excavation received ELID-resistant genetic enhancements, and were equipped with the newest "Weight Bearing" system. For the next 10 years Dr. Li worked on creating safe, reliable countercollapse fortresses and the creation of the Cavity City. The massive artificial countercollapse gate at a height of 1217 meters became only the sights Cavity City citizens could behold. Dr. Jonas worked on multiple levels decoding and analyzing the artifact technology at the same time. The first major breakthrough was only 20 years later. The first man-controllable experimental countercollapse reactor was built in 2047, with utilization of the countercollapse technology in supercomputers accomplished 2 years later, making calculations of models created by microscopic matter possible.
For self-defense reasons, Antarctica announced that the Cavity City was independent as a nation and would remain absolutely neutral after the 3rd World War broke out in 2045. After the announcing of the Speech of Neutrality, all methods of entry into the Cavity City was sealed, and the City went dormant for 20 years. With the war drowning their memories, the work on the Antarctica artifact was long forgotten by the leaders of the belligerent nations.
There were 50 years between the start of the Antarctica artifact expedition and the Oil Tanker incident that prompted the UURSG to come into contact with Antarctica. This 50-year gap bought Antarctica the ticket to understanding the collapse and countercollapse technology. This technology advancement, though still in its preliminary stages, left the UURSG in the dust.
The 10-year Honeymoon, the foundation of the Antarctic Union and the 1st Antarctica War[edit | edit source]
Economy was back on track after the foundation of the UURSG, with the advancement of basic physics and the research on artifact technology slowly resuming. The UURSG and Antarctica resumed communications and formed diplomatic relationships. To both sides' surprise, their respective worlds had drastically changed in the 50 years. Out of humanitarian sympathies, Antarctica started to assist in infrastructure construction of cities within the vicinity of Antarctica, applying Antarctic technologies in nearby cities on a large scale, marking the start of the 10-year UURSG-Antarctica Honeymoon.
As Antarctica intensified its investment in nearby cities, the nearby nations showed prosperities unseen in landlocked nations. The counterreactive decay fortress retook areas under control by the collapse particle cloud, reversing the situation the humans faced. However, due to ideological differences and the strong technological power exhibited by Antarctica, the Antarctica Threat Theory appeared within the UURSG, with distrust of the Antarctica by inland nations growing severe.
The objection against Antarctica started from the cultural aspect. Due to extreme differences in living conditions, the consciousness of two sides vary in great depths, gradually promoting hostilities between citizens of the two sides, accompanied by increasingly strong calls for aggressive approaches to Antarctica. In 2078, some near-Antarctica nations declared their detachment from the UURSG and their pro-Antarctica stance, forming the Antarctic Union. This had led to a drastic change in attitude of the UURSG to Antarctica, making the Antarctica Threat Theory the main topic.
To express their peaceful stance, Antarctica pulled its personnel and technology out of some near-Antarctica nations that didn't join the Union. However, the great cut in investment and mutual commercial trades prompted the UURSG to consider that substantial hostility had formed within Antarctica, which led to the passing of the Act of restrictions on Antarctica by the UURSG. This had led to protests by the Antarctic government, calling all its citizens to return to Antarctica, while the UURSG downplayed this as being extraordinarily foolish.
Some Antarctic youngsters who stayed at near-Antarctica nations threw rocks at the police who locked their residential area down, prompting the latter to open fire at them. This caused riots by Antarctic citizens in the cities, with large-scale armed conflicts with local radical factions. The UURSG sent troops on a large scale to suppress the riots, arresting Antarctica citizens en masse. In response, Antarctica decided to commence armed intervention.
Under the cover of protecting its citizens, Antarctica launched its strike operation in September 2089, codenamed Snakeslay, marking the start of the 1st Antarctica War.
The UURSG did not take the declaration of war seriously, downplaying the effectiveness of the military of a nation with a sub-30-million population. However, Antarctica finished accepting the collapse/countercollapse technology years ago, breaking UURSG defense lines rapidly, like avalanches. Commanders of the UURSG found out that everything of Antarctica, from the methods used for strikes, to the accuracy of fire-control systems, was ahead of the UURSG by several generations. The intelligence-processing and -acquiring speed of Antarctica forces were exponential powers of that of the UURSG, making the battlefield unilaterally clear. AR. Cop NB-90 matter-transfer vessels maintained air supremacy, making it a hard time for the UURSG to deploy aerial units on the battlefield. And through its early-warning systems and location pinpointing, multi-track low-altitude missiles of Antarctica virtually wiped out the UURSG fleet locking down Antarctica in mere seconds, deterring any other UURSG fleet from showing up. With the assistance of high-efficiency self-regulating systems, mere teams of infantry coordinating with "trolley" gunships eliminated UURSG troops with numbers more than a hundred times theirs, as if they were just strolling with trolleys in the supermarket. The war would have ended when it started if it wasn't for the limited logistic abilities of the Antarctic troops being only capable of locking down the vast coastline of the UURSG and the political appearance-maintaining foreign policy of the Antarctic government. With the UURSG using large quantities of long-range ballistic missiles conducting random saturation attacks on numerous transfer bases in an attempt to interfere with the push of Antarctic troops, and the order prohibiting retaliation against inland nations of the UURSG by the Antarctic government, the war transitioned into a stalemate. If the UURSG could not master the collapse/countercollapse technology, there would be no resisting Antarctica.
The ban on excavating and analyzing artifacts was lifted instantly, with unusually large investments on theoretical physics research. But it was impossible to fully understand the entire technology, prompting the UURSG science institute to use the most direct and most effective method: to activate the artifact, and then reverse-engineer it, using its technology as brutally as their counterpart 1 century earlier.
The work on activating the artifact was commenced immediately, and it was found that a completely matching genetic chain was needed to fully activate the artifact facility, which was proved a failure in the "Black Lily & White Rose" in the GAVIRUL resurface program. It was never easy to start from the beginning. As people were losing hope on the artifact research, it was found that a new project to develop GAVIRUL feti had already started 13 years ago, called "Project Trigoddess"
Project Trigoddess[edit | edit source]
The Project Trigoddess was the first and the only collaboration effort between scientists of Antarctica and the UURSG. As it was in the Honeymoon period, the relationship between both sides were very friendly, taking only a short amount of time before planning and execution. Doctor William from the UURSG and Doctor Philip from Antarctica hosted yet another GAVIRUL resurface program, with Dr. William dedicated to sample reconstruction, while Dr. Philip worked on analyzing the matching method between the genetic chain of GAVIRUL and the artifact matter. Due to the loss of the "Lachesis" sample (it was also speculated that the UURSG deliberately hid it), the program started from the restoration of "Anthropos". Aside from manual uterus development, the test-tube fetus implantation into the volunteers' uteruses was also utilized. Technological advancements raised the survival rate of the feti, to a death rate of 72.3%, with feti G-179, G-214 and G-264 surviving. All three subjects inherited the growth characteristics and the genetics defects. Doctor William named the three subjects "Jefuty", "Noylu" and "Lunixya", respectively, and commenced an approximately 3-year-long period of observation. Due to differing aims of Dr. William and Dr. Philip, work fell into a pause in 2084. The relationship between the UURSG and Antarctica worsened in 2085, with the Antarctic research team receiving orders to pull out form Berlin. However, due to obstacles posed by the UURSG special service, the plan to return to Antarctica was not fulfilled. Large-scale riots erupted in 2086, with Doctor Philip and his wife going missing in Canberra, before being determined killed in group conflicts. Their only son was escorted back to Antarctica. G-214 "Noylu" and G-264 "Lunixya" was under the control of the UURSG and Antarctica respectively, with G-179 "Jefuty" missing.
Intel suggests that during the 5 years of both side having one subject, their work on artifact technology did not have great progress, and therefore it was inferred that "Noylu" and "Lunixya" did not have the ability to activate the artifact material, while "Jefuty", being born by natural delivery, was under intensive search by both sides. She was the only hope of the GAVIRUL resurface program that both sides tried to capture ahead of the other. However, it was as if "Jefuty" never existed, before being spotted again in operation "Bakery" in 2092.
Operation Bakery[edit | edit source]
The search for "Jefuty" by Antarctica never ceased, with the UURSG being restricted by technological problems and conducted even harder military strikes. The Antarctic intelligence agency "MID" intercepted UURSG intelligence regarding the spotting of G-179 "Jefuty" staying with multiple unknown persons in former Poland in 2092. To avoid exposure, MID sent 8 operatives to enter the Caucasian region with other purposes, aiming to capture G-179 and her accomplices and bring her back to Antarctica. This operation was codenamed "Bakery".
The early phases of operation "Bakery" was led by Captain Carl Minderfeld, entering the mountain ranges 20 kilometers east of Teberda in the Karachay region, tasking the 8 operatives to conduct early reconnaissance and surveillance, with TASA Squad 3 led by Colonel Campfield. However, due to intelligence leaks and deficiencies in the intelligence, Captain Minderfeld's team was ambushed not long after entering the area, losing 7 operatives prior to the start of the mission. Although MID got into contact with G-179 and another unidentified subject, it suffered a loss of 2 infiltration teams due to traitors betraying. Eventually only one operative named "Mund" escaped the ambush with G-179, and succeeded in protecting her in the capture operation by the UURSG. Due to the strategic importance of G-179, the UURSG employed various measures to ensure their success: they started coordinated counterattacks on main battlefronts on the Eastern Front, occupying the other Antarctica units, high-density lockdown of the town in which the target was located to prevent Antarctica from infiltrating reinforcements, putting virtually every fighter aircraft and electronic warfare aircraft of the northern warzone in the air to suppress close-range fire support of the Antarctic Air Force, sending in multiple spec ops units into the town to conduct close-range offensives, making the TASA squad protecting G-179 busy repelling the attackers, and forcing the long-range artillery units of Antarctica unable to conduct fire support. G-179 suddenly went insubordinate after 2 hours of firefights, forcing TASA to forfeit operation "Bakery" and pull out from the area. G-179 eventually fell into UURSG hands and was swiftly hidden after capture was complete, taking another two years for the Antarctic intelligence agencies to find her again.
Operation "Kindling" and the end of the 1st Antarctica War[edit | edit source]
Operation "Kindling" was the last large-scale special operation conducted by the Antarctic forces. MID found through spies hidden within the UURSG the black base hiding G-179, codenamed "Bear's den". Campfield accused MID of underestimating enemy strengths and collecting incorrect intelligence. He made large amounts of work prior to the operation, and strongly demanded that the Spec Ops Command to direct the operation, instead of MID.
The black base the UURSG built was in fact a large research facility in the middle of an artifact. The UURSG used the subject to activate the artifact and reverse-engineer it, with subject modifications being part of the plan. To protect this facility, the UURSG used large amounts of funds to form a complete protection system, and stationed troops as guards. To accelerate the research on collapse/countercollapse technology, the UURSG rebuilt the Advanced Research Planning Agency (ARPA), to ensure that the militarization of the artifact research and protection falls under one command system.
The militarization scheme of this scale naturally could not evade the eyes of Antarctica. But Antarctica knew nothing besides the location of the base, and it would be extremely risky to conduct operations in the blind. But out of distrust of MID and attempting to hastily regain control of G-179, Colonel Campfield insisted on attacking "Bear's den". To solidify the technological advantage of Antarctica, his operation was soon authorized. Operation "Kindling" began on November 7, 2097.
Antarctic troops first conducted firepower cutoff 5 kilometers to the flanks of the base, and applied strong electronic interference to paralyze the communications of "Bear's den" to the outside world. Ordinary units were deployed on main roads to "Bear's den", and despite attempts to delay the advancements, the UURSG units were soon eliminated by aerial strikes. Divided into 5 teams, TASA attempted airdrops directly over the base, but two transports were shot down by hidden anti-aircraft batteries, killing virtually all the teams inside. One TASA soldier survived the crash, and discovered the secret entrance to the base. It is worth noting that the operative was the exact one with G-179 "Jefuty" two years ago. TASA destroyed the armed resistance, and found the canon G-179. As the expedition into the artifact continued, Mund discovered that the UURSG replicated subjects on a large scale, and tried to implant the genetic data into the newest T-dolls. To his surprise, G-264 "Noylu" was also found, along with replicas. According to orders received, he needed to extract the canon subject and search for all possible intelligence. But as the outer teams of TASA attempted to effect rendezvous with Mund, they were met with heavy resistance from the elite UURSG units within the artifact. This slowed down the rescue and forced Mund to retreat to the deeper parts of the artifact. The performance of G-179 and G-264 was a pain for the guarding forces, and suffered heavy casualties due to unable to extend their firepower, in an effort to avoid damaging the subject. UURSG reinforcements were en-route and the Antarctic spec ops units were unable to hold them off. Pressure added by the fact that aerial units couldn't stay long demanded that Mund must bring out the subject quickly and leave "Bear's den" as soon as possible, while the UURSG attempted to take the subject back and annihilate the enemy with the help of reinforcements. The decisive factor was the test subject. The commander of "Bear's den" made a last-ditch effort, mounting an assault with squads equipped with the Assault Artillery AA-03 fire platform. However, the heavy firepower of AA-03 destroyed the Secondary Insulation Wall of the artifact, disabling the ionic protection layer of the collapse fluid, causing a leak of particle clouds. The UURSG soldiers, not having genetic enhancements to counter ELID, immediately exhibited acute symptoms of ELID, putting the UURSG forces at the brink of collapse. The leak of the particle fluid caused a rapid rise of the internal temperature within the artifact, and could unleash another disaster similar to the 1st Beilan Island Incident if the high-density particles fuse. This caused the Antarctic officials and their UURSG counterparts to reach a surprisingly swift agreement. As the UURSG did not have the non-nuclear arsenal to instantaneously destroy the base, the AR. Cop NB-90 of Antarctica forces would launch an XK-Pluto III air-to-ground long-range ballistic missile, with the UURSG sending the command to not intercept the missile and commencing a total withdraw of troops. Different from previous launches, the warhead was not attached on this missile. Instead, it was to inject the molten plutonium in its engine to vaporize all the collapse fluid to prevent a second eruption. Due to communication jamming by the collapse fluid, the TASA in the vicinity of "Bear's den" could not receive the order to retreat, while Mund attempted to repel infected UURSG soldiers and at the same time attempting to escape from the artifact. Campfield led remaining squads to effect rescue, while the UURSG forces made their last attempts to prevent them from doing so. Colonel Campfield, G-179 "Jefuty", Mund, G-264 "Noylu" and all the remaining TASA members went missing in the battle. The entire base, from the surface to 70 meters below ground level was completely melted, therefore making their fate unknown.
This battle made both sides suffer heavy losses. The UURSG lost its most important research base, and had to permenantly seal this artifact, while Antarctica lost huge quantities of troops and aircrafts, and made their elite TASA troops suffer heavy damage, which was unacceptable for the Antarctic army. Realizing the terrifying capabilities of Antarctica and being unable to resume the research on artifacts in a short timeframe, in addition to being unable to break the lockdown by Antarctica, the UURSG government collapsed, with the subsequently found UURSG central government voluntarily negotiating for peace talks, starting in Singapore 2 months later. As a result, the UURSG admitted the legitimate position of nations in the Antarctic Union, while Antarctica lifted its lockdown and regional strikes against the UURSG, ending the military hostility between the two, putting the world in an equilibrium, with both sides regaining strength. This false peace lasted for 18 years, until the start of the 2nd Antarctic War in 2112.
Operation "Epiphyllum"[edit | edit source]
Operation "Epiphyllum" was an unofficial infiltration operation by MID. Though peace agreements were signed, secret intelligence activities never ceased. Operation "Epiphyllum" was not the first and not the last black operation by MID. Through intelligence gathering, MID found that the UURSG attempted to enter the deserted site of the artifact on Beilan Island. Due to Beilan Island being a non-military zone, Antarctica could not sent in conventional units to effect reconnaissance. Therefore, MID authorized the black op, sending operatives without identities to infiltrate Beilan Island. Though the ground-zero of the eruiption of the artifact, most of the collapse fluid stayed in mid-air, therefore there wasn't much dose in the vicinity of Beilan Island. A minor fraction of the cloud dropped and entered the soil as sediment, prompting the WHO to investigate the area to confirm whether or not it needed purification. The operatives, using a false identity, joined the investigation team of the WHO, and entered Beilan Island with the convoy. Insurgents in Beilan Island attacked the convoy, causing heavy casualties of the investigation team, with the contamination levels of the island rising rapidly for unknown reasons. UURSG forces had to lock down the area, and started to open fire at survivors exhibiting ELID symptoms. The last encrypted messages received by Antarctic intelligence agencies show that there still existed GAVIRUL feti in Beilan Island, but contact was lost later. Beilan Island was repeatedly bombed by fuel-air bombs, incinerating everything to dust.
The 2nd Antarctic War to be continued...[edit | edit source]
Timeline of Girls' Frontline[edit | edit source]
- 2030 After the Beilan Island Incident
- Deteriorating environment threatened the production conditions of industries worldwide, with manufacturers facing bankruptcy.
- "Sangvis Ferri" was formed in 2031, one year after the Beilan Island Incident, and specializes in military products.
- The worsening of the environment made threatened even outdoor activities and survival of humans, promoting artificial intelligence and robotics as the prime problem in 2033.
- The "A-doll" tech entered experiment stages in the same year. As a new-generation robot, A-dolls have appearances similar to normal humans, extremely high artificial intelligence and command-execution abilities. They provided great convenience to humans in both daily tasks and combat tasks, drawing great attention.
- The A-doll tech reached near-maturity in 2038, but due to the large amount of work inputting complex commands to each A-doll, the effectiveness was low and it was not widely utilized in combat.
- 2045 3rd World War
- During the war, Sangvis Ferri accumulated large amounts of capital and market favoring with its excellent military product services.
- An elite network technology group, calling themselves "90wish", announced on the internet that they would provide some patented technology in exchange for outer help. Due to them providing A-doll technology, this did not became a subject of discussion in the society. This name was soon forgotten with the dust of the war, unknown by people as time progressed.
- Due to the weakening of the concept of government and organization, and the living needs of humans as well as excavation attempts in contaminated areas, PMCs grew rife in 2051.
- 2053 Grifon & Kryuger Private Military Contractor founded by former veteran Kryuger
- Former veteran Kryuger founded and started running the Grifon & Kryuger Private Military Contractor in 2053. The combat force of Grifon was then mainly human mercenaries.
- IOP introduced their Generation 1 T-dolls in 2054. Basically an A-doll equipped with a weapon with mediocre combat effectiveness. But Kryuger wished to purchase T-dolls as the main combat force, to reduce human casualties.
- Persica published former-90wish-tech "Zener protocol" in the same year, allowing T-dolls to form data links independently, while exhibiting her own "Theory of Etching" at the same time. This would allow specialized connections between T-dolls and their weapons, drastically improving the accuracy when firing. This sparked interest from Kryuger. But the aforementioned technologies were still experimental, with some distance to practical use.
- Sometime later in 2054, Sangvis Ferri, now also a PMC, mastered some kind of technology that allows mounting a high-intelligence AI into a mainframe, and subsequently calculating reasonable autonomy plans with the input of one simple command. This high-level mainframe, named "ELISA", had her own T-doll unit to execute her own plans through remote communication. The developer of this tech was Lycoris, former 90wish member like Persica. Sangvis Ferri positioned its factories in a resource-rich zone, though high in ELID contamination factors, it had no worries about the supplies for T-dolls or whatsoever. The only downside of "ELISA" was her chronological instability of intelligence, but was stated as minor bugs by Lycoris, and would be fixed soon.
- Grifon started officially accepting security contracts in 2055. Through personal ties of Kryuger and successful ad campaigns, Grifon rose through the ranks of PMCs.
- 2057 Foundation of 16LAB
- Due to concerns about restricted research environments, Persica reached an agreement with IOP that IOP would hire more technical personnel with its capital and found the 16LAB institute to maximally protect the independency of her technology and help improve her research environment, in exchange for unanimous provision of practical technology by Persica. The main subject of research was the "Zener protocol" from 90wish, in an effort to upgrade the information network system of T-dolls.
- The "Dummy network" technology was publicized by 16LAB in the same year. This allows one mainframe to control a vast amount of T-dolls, greatly enhancing commanding effectiveness. This technology is basically an improvement done on the "Zener protocol". What Kryuger saw was the advantage of the dummy network, and proposed to share it with Lyco to further enhance the effectiveness of T-dolls in action. But Lyco, then busy working on artificial-intelligence, refused to take part in the compatibility work.
- Persica's personal research turned out to be well in 2058. She submitted the "ASST technology" (or "sear" technology) to IOP, which enables one-to-one recognition between T-dolls and their dedicated weapons, enhancing their combat effectiveness.
- The "sear" coupled with the "dummy network" contributed to the introduction of Generation 2 T-dolls. With 16LAB having both patents, both IOP and Grifon profited.
- In response to the demand of Grifon, IOP purchased the brand-new AI recording method in 2060, the "psychology map", which allows for memory storage within the T-doll herself, and choosing a proper time to upload to the servers for backup, to mitigate the data loss when T-dolls are destroyed on the battlefield.
- Several assassinations were carried out in Grifon divisions in the same year, resulting in the deaths of multiple high-level Grifon personnel.
- 2061 The formation of AR squad
- Formed by T-dolls M4A1 and another three of the same manufacturing period, M16A1, M4 SOPMOD II and AR15. Many parameters of M4A1 was higher than average levels, therefore capable of executing various types of missions with high efficiency, making her the leader.
- 2061 Butterfly incident
- Sometime later in 2061, an unknown spec ops team infiltrated the technical department of Sangvis Ferry, in an effort to steal technical data of "ELISA". But it went wrong, causing Lyco to activate defensive programs. The spec ops unit attempted to damage the A-dolls executing defense objectives, but stray bullets hit Lyco amidst the firefight, causing his death. Lyco activated "ELISA" before his death, causing her to take over all authority in Sangvis Ferri, locking down the entire enterprise and activating A-dolls to kill all humans, including the spec ops unit and Sangvis Ferri employees. This was called the "Butterfly incident". However due to the small size of Sangvis Ferri, and the lockdown of information, it did not gain much attention.
- However, for the next 6 months, Sangvis Ferri had been attempting to break through the military lockdown by Grifon. While struggling for contracts, Grifon faced direct pressure from Sangvis Ferri.
- 2062 6 months after the Butterfly incident
- Grifon decided to hire another batch of human commanders 6 months after the Butterfly incident. They do not need specialized training and experience, but instead have to pass some kind of specialized psychological test, to measure their cooperation with T-dolls, in addition to enough patience, courage and loyalty.
- Persica continued her research in a secret chamber in 16LAB. But missing code fragments caused her to be unable to understand the final puzzle before Lyco's death: why would "ELISA" attack humans. She requisitioned the AR squad to infiltrate Sangvis Ferri territory, to search for every database Lyco used not only to recover the lost codes, but also to know whether the death of Lyco was really just an accident.
- "ELISA" acquired a T-doll's body in the ruins of Sangvis Ferri, and kept self-evolving in silence. She wanted to become the perfect AI her father wanted:a psychology indifferent from humans. She wanted to find the perfect AI sample among the data of her father, however it was not intact. One of the copies was kept in an old database when Lyco was still at 90wish, and was kept at one of the safehouses: Safehouse 3.
- It was then when when "ELISA" caught the tracks of the AR squad. Through the passcode provided by Persica, they were able to infiltrate Safehouse 3 and get the data. ELISA then sent elite Sangvis Ferri units to track the AR squad down, but members of the AR squad got separated in the chaos, with the data-carrying M4A1 missing. Persica could only turn to the Grifon headquarters for help, requesting assistance from the nearest commander at Zone S06, to search for the AR squad.
Timeline of A-dolls[edit | edit source]
The time spanning from 2045 all the way to 2061 is the darkest and most depressed period mankind has ever endured. The turmoil of World War III destroyed the world's economy and production capabilities. "Humans" as resources were quickly drained as troops were mobilized and the war progressed. The spread of the collapse cloud claimed habitable land step-by-step, with situations of all kinds greatly decreasing the birth rate of humans. "Manpower" became a scarce and increasingly expensive resource, with even the richest military industrial businesses beginning to become unable to support the cost of human work-force. To cut costs while maintaining production capacities, some key military-industrial businesses started to develope android robots to replace human workforce.
Skeletal Robots[edit | edit source]
The first generation of production robots could not be actually called A-dolls, but rather as robots, with the aim to ease production, therefore possessing rather awkward physical shapes. To lower workforce cost and speed up production, the Reybert General Production company first started serial production of skeletal robots in 2033. Criteria for designs of skeletal robots include:
- Reliable structure capable of withstanding most types of high-stress labor
- Long durations of automatic work, with under 4 hours of wired charging and over 6 hours of wireless operation
- High versatility capable of field refits according to the properties of work to reduce maintenance costs
- Inclusion of corresponding AI systems with the ability to change softwares to flexibly change work posts.
The criteria was revolutionary at that time, with Vitkin Cater, then in charge of the development team, viewing it as a pain.
The first batch of skeletal robots went off production lines as experimental models, and received the internal designation of ALR-50(T). The first batch of skeletal robots was very expensive to produce, with an assembly time of 130 work hours, which is not even on par with its worktime expectancy. The Vitkin team soon improved it and introduced the ALR-50E2(T) and the ALR-51C(T) (picture here to compare)[sic].
Stress-endurance trials showed that a single ALR-50E2(T) skeletal robot could work for 20 hours per day on average, with endurance and charging capabilities within acceptable margins, while its modular design made maintenance costs low, but failed to meet the versatility criterion due to its simple yet heavy structure. To deal with this, the Vitkin team developed the ALR-51C(T) to view the effects of combining artificial intelligence with versatile designs. The test results of the ALR-51C(T) was unsatisfactory, with a stress-endurance test score far behind that of the ALR-50E2(T). Furthermore, it did not perform well due to a lack of suitable AI systems to accomodate. Obviously, the Reybert company chose the ALR-50E2(T) as a serial production model, designating the final improved model as the ALR-52P. The ALR-51C(T) was abandoned and was never developed again. However, as the leading figure of the project, Vitkin knew that there were huge potentials in the ALR-51C(T), with limit-breaking versatility if a corresponding AI system could be developed for it. However the world situation was increasingly tense day by day. Faced with a diminishing market, Reybert could not allocate enough funds to support two models of skeletal robots. The ALR-52P was basically satisfying the criteria, with improved models performing even better. Eventually Vitkin himself was moved to a post for subsequent developments of the ALR-52P series, while the ALR-51C(T) was slowly being forgotten.
The ALR-51C(T) project was revived 15 months later, when Wejester United Electronics Manufacturing company received an order from the Pan-European Military Alliance to develop a serial autonomous system, meant for automated operation of the Assault Artillery series of vehicles. The project was hosted by Mihatch, director of Development 6 within Wejester. To ensure versatility, the development team from Wejester wanted to test the system out on a small carrier to receive enough data support. Initially a carrier was planned to be produced themselves, but the costs was awkwardly high after initial planning, forcing them to find a suitable test carrier to continue their research. The screening of carriers was never a cakewalk, as there was virtually no suitable carriers due to extremely high technical requirements. Just as Mihatch was about to abandon the technology, he met Vitkin, who had already been promoted to the Director of Robot Projects on a ball meeting. The two reached a swift aggrement, with Vitkin willing to provide technical support for Mihatch's autonomous operation system. With the aid of Vitkin, Mihatch bought the full data of the ALR-51C(T) and virtually all the test data. The installation and coupling of the automated system with the ALR-51C(T) was fast, and a breakthrough was made within 2 months.
The ALR-51C(T), due to its flexibility of the skeletal system, was highly efficient when coping with system commands. The technical team, to increase its operatability, greatly modified its overall structure, making it smiliar to androids. The modified ALR-51C(T) was renamed TD-01, and was nicknamed "the Baby" by developers. The TD-01 could simulate different vehicular operation modes by changing parts, speeding up the development of the system, and the test results pleased the military. The success of the system greatly simplified the operational costs of the Assault Artillery series of vehicles, and raised the commanding efficiency of the mechanized forces of the Pan-European Military Alliance. Wejester profited from the great number of orders, and made Mihatch a famed figure. But Mihatch did not stop, instead realizing that if the automation could be improved into an AI system to be used on the TD-01, the explosive effect of the breakthrough would be way larger than the system provided to the military. He soon reformed his development team, cooperating with Reybert General Production to allow Vitkin and his team to keep improving the TD-01 to have it in pace with the development of the AI system.
Mihatch and Vitkin had strong friendship when the system was being developed, and the huge funds invested in improving the TD-01 excited Vitkin, with strong hopes on the new android. The Mihatch team and the Vitkin merged, and was relocated to a research building equipped with multi-terminal computers and other equipment. The TD-01 was strengthened with its software compatibility improved after six months of development, with some experimentally attached artificial muscles to assist in exerting physical force. The modified TD-01 was again renamed the CSD-02. Modifications and tests were in pace with each other, with Mihatch's people modifying the codes and various parameters according to test results. The link between the CSD-02 and its AI was constantly strengthening, but the problem of its structural complexity was never solved. Vitkin had to turn back to find the design parameters of the ALR-52P to simplify the design of the CSD-02.
Aside from the military, some civilian companies were also gaining interest in this project, with a few purchasing license for the intellectual property of the CSD-02, before commencing their own improvements. The most successful of which was that of Skebell Advanced Technology Industries. Skebell saw potentials for A-dolls from the test reports, and immediately contacted Wejester and acquired license for development and improvement of the CSD-02 platform. The AI system of the AA seris was never proved to be capable of replacing human-operated systems, therefore human-operated tests never stopped. However due to casualties inflicted in the initial tests, the military had been having a hard time acquiring operating data, due to that the Wejester team made full efforts to develop the AI system. As a result, Skebell accepted requests from the military, to develop a dedicated A-doll for load-bearing tests of the AA series. The Skebell A-doll had an increased load-bearing capability, with weight sensors in important joints, making direct acquisition of power and other parameters of the A-doll possible, to assist the military in adjusting. The first applique sensory system was completed in 2041, with the A-doll designated the CSD-03H. The system was utilized by subsequent A-dolls, greatly improving their flexibility and accuracy of movements. The military paid more attention to the technology due to the success of the A-doll, and with both sides cooperating, the military contacted Wejester hoping that the two companies could actually develop an A-doll system for combat uses.
Due to the fine cooperation between A-doll development companies and the Military Alliance, the new A-dolls and research on their AIs soon caught the eyes of some senior officers, who consider that machine soldiers could be developed if the research would turn out to be a success, which is especially attractive to troops lacking humans. General Carter from the General Staff paid exceptional attention, considering that as long as technical standards are met, A-dolls could replace infantry as ground-based firepower platforms, greatly reducing casualties while increasing firepower density. He talked his way through allocating specialized funds for the project, and formed an Internal Committee to supervise the cooperation between Wejester and Skebell. To speed up the development, the two participated in a joint venture to produce more specialized android firepower platforms for the military, and the venture was named Important Operation Prototype, AKA the later I.O.P. company.
Generation 1 T-dolls[edit | edit source]
It took 3 years for IOP to form, counting from when the first preparatory works are made. It was already 2046 when the company officially came into existence, and World War III had already erupted.
It was a long time for IOP to form. Having huge amounts of funds and support from the military, Vitkin did not venture into developing new A-dolls immediately, but instead started to find cooperation partners. To Vitkin, the prospect of A-dolls was huge, but it also meant that technical challenges would be harder and more numerous. In addition to military combat needs, civilian service and security was deemed a huge market in Vitkin's strategy. To expand its global business, IOP registered three subsidiaries in the US, Ukraine and China, respectively. The Ukrainian subsidiary had business contact with Sangvis Ferri, then the leading industrial company. Surprisingly, Sangvis Ferri was more interested in the ALR-52P instead of the CSD-03H prototype--Out of East European traditions, they put structural strength and durability higher on their priority list. Though different from what Vitkin originally anticipated, the investment of Sangvis Ferri was so huge that he could not refuse, in addition to Sangvis Ferri's stance of willing to join the team to conduct further research on A-doll AI systems, which could never be better for him. However, World War III started in 2045, with a skyrocketing need for combat A-dolls, and Vitkin had to form the company immediately to accept military orders.
Due to high production needs, IOP transferred part of the order to Sangvis Ferri, in addition to some techinical documents to improve the tactical A-dolls, or to differentiate, T-dolls. T-doll autonomy was relatively weak at that time, and could not be the mainstay of combat on the battlefield, instead suiting the role of stationary fire points in backup regions. The CSD series of T-dolls was too delicate, resulting in frequent faults, while the Sangvis Ferri "Jaeger" series of T-dolls, modified from the ALR-52P, received wide acclaim from the front line. The CSD-series of T-dolls was named "Live targets" by soldiers, mocking at its poor performance in the battle, prompting the military to allocate orders to Sangvis Ferri, putting less attention on IOP products, which enraged Vitkin, causing the relations between IOP and Sangvis Ferri to worsen. Even when having their orders cut due to low reliability, Vitkin insisted that versatile dedicated A-dolls were the mainstay of future, and dedicated himself into improving A-doll autonomy and mechanical reliability, but yielded few results, which disappointed him and his team.
There was a silver lining by 2049 when a student of Mihatch's came across some shared documents from a technical team called "90wish" which just surfaced. Mihatch deemed the documents foreseeing to some extent and forwarded it to Vitkin, who immediately realized that the technical capabilities and the development ideology of 90wish was one-of-a-kind, and started to establish connections with members of 90wish through every means possible. However, 90wish vanished without a trace after publishing the files. From the intelligence gathered by the Cyber Security Service of the MVD, there was no agreement between the members of 90wish regarding the publishing of the files, and the group started to disintegrate with hatred between its members. Vitkin, by intercepting intelligence that two former members of the group was threatened with life through a friend in the MVD, hired private contractors to protect them. At the cost of losing a majority of their escort, former 90wish members Persica and Lycoris (Lyco) were taken into a safehouse set up by IOP. Through negotiations, both agreed to cooperate Vitkin. To cover their tracks, Vitkin used a false identity to set up a small company named Hermit, exchanging capital with IOP through miscellaneous services. Hermit provided IOP with advanced technology, utilizing which enabled IOP to finally enhance the later models of the CSD series, and modified their novel military T-dolls, regaining some of the orders from Sangvis Ferri.
Subsequent models of the CSD series participated in the Nordecan Campaign multiple times. Though lacking in autonomy, but in a situation where there's insufficient personnel to control a certain area, soldiers could use multiple Generation 1 T-dolls to monitor the area and conduct simple return-fires. T-dolls could also take fire in the stead of soldiers, reducing human casualties. According to wartime response, IOP traded versatility for structural integrity by reducing the number of parts of the CSD series, and massively increased the density of the bulletproof layer and the titanium-alloy skeletal structure. The modified T-dolls were mainly ACD-50/51/R/T military T-dolls. The ACD-50 had reduced head size to reduce hit probability, with its camera surrounded by 10mm-thick steel plates to prevent shrapnel damage, vision and navigation system moved to the relatively flexible abdomen, signaling systems and processor moved to the chest cavity where they were protected by steel plating and were connected with waveguides. There were additional ports for external wire connection at the neck and the coccygeal vertebra to facilitate combat capability through manual control if the autonomy system is destroyed. The scan-and-engage radius of the ACD-50 was 220 meters, with a durability of 28 hours with a single charge, and 55 hours of standby capability, and was fairly cheap to purchase and maintain. The ACD-51 was put into production in 2051, with a lower center-of-mass to accomodate heavy weaponry, increased storage capacity and load-bearing capabilities to remedy ammo capacity issues. The scan-and-engage radius was 200 meters, with a single-charge durability of 21 hours and 48 hours of standby, and was theoretically inferior to the -50. However, the military did not pay close attention to these as its overall capabilities were improved. Aside from combat uses, it was sometimes used as cargo carriers by soldiers, and received acclaim owing to its low fault-rate and high durability. The R and T models were recon and special-uses models respectively, and were not widely produced and utilized. A total of 11,730 units of the ACD series of military T-dolls were produced, with Sangvis Ferri producing roughly 2,300 of them, and the series was the most common out of all T-dolls manufactured during WWIII.
Generation 2 T-dolls[edit | edit source]
The increase of civilian market was mainly due to the change in the world situation, with increasing need for manpower in production and service as well as private security contractors when the War ended in 2051. Some of the larger security contractors and international resource businesses had direct service contacts with IOP, with G&K being one of its important clients. The founder of G&K, Berezovich Kryuger, was a former Tactical Commander of the MVD, and was directly involved in the escorting of Persica. He left the MVD after receiving the payment for the mission, and used the money to form his own security contracting company. G&K had close ties with IOP, and Kryuger was keen on using T-dolls out of their cheap price compared to human mercenaries. Kryuger also maintained good personal ties with Vitkin, which gave him permission to provide the most direct data to Hermit.
Persica, after receiving a large amount of data from the front line through G&K, went on to improve and develop the CSD-06/07/08, the SST-02A/03 and the Service Doll series dedicated to civilian markets. The initial model of the Service Doll series had ports for emotion-simulating software and apparent gender appearance, and was accepted by the civilian market. Subsequent models received wide acclaim for its elegant appearance, excellent human-computer communication and customizable service, which made huge profits through government, business, civilian service and some personal orders received by IOP. After some development of the technology, Persica introduced the theory for Generation 2 T-dolls. Her theory and concourse of development was supported by Vitkin, who thought that better T-dolls would mean more orders, but Lyco did not agree with it. Lyco specialized in Artificial Intelligence rather than A-dolls, and he thought that compared to structural modifications and network developments, the future for A-dolls should be the efficiency of its autonomous AI system, and hoped for more funds to be allocated to further research into A-doll AIs. His application was rejected, which disappointed him and caused him to be less passionate in his work. Slowly he started to want to break free from Persica and IOP, and started to secretly get in touch with Sangvis Ferri in various commercial meetings. Sangvis Ferri was happy to accept a former-90wish member. Lyco's fear for retaliation from IOP prompted Sangvis Ferri to contact G&K on a secret line, tasking the latter to provide armed protection when Lyco is on the way. Kryuger demanded that subsequent research data from Lyco were to be provided in exchange for continuous protection of the Sangvis Ferri factory Lyco would be stationed in. The two reached an agreement, and Lyco safely arrived at the underground research facility owned by Sangvis Ferri. After three years of research, the ALR series of Sangvis Ferri improved day by day. IOP soon discovered the fact that Lyco left Hermit, but out of fear of the capabilities of his competitors and personal reasons, Vitkin could not do anything. To maintain competitiveness, Vitkin invested even more in Persica's research, which directly kickstarted the formation of 16Lab.
Persica only started to realize the importance of a corresponding network and software to A-dolls when Lyco left Hermit. She and her team immediately shifted focus on the enhancement of the "sear" system. Ensuring that there would be no more threats from 90wish, Persica finally introduced herself in the A-doll industry with her own identity. She started to expand her team in 2057 and officially formed a technical R&D facility named "16Lab" in 2057, after accepting IOP's investment. With enough personnel at hand, she soon enhanced the "ASST" system, to greatly enhance the utilization of tools or weapons by A-dolls by writing codes into them. The "sear" system was an open-source technology, which allowed developers to modify the codes to write operational programs for their own A-dolls after downloading the engine. Persica assigned a team specifically to maintain and update the "sear" system on a long-term basis, and made corresponding coupling adjustments to various A-dolls of IOP, which kept A-doll products of IOP in an advantage in terms of software-hardware co-operation. She rewrote the coupling mechanism of A-doll operation networks on the basis of the Zener protocol, allowing limited group autonomy when without human commanding for A-dolls which had the new protocol installed. A-doll teams could be programed beforehand and coordinate with each other through networks, which included the capability to Listen, Recon, Analyze, Synchronize. On the basis of the "etching" theory, Persica devoted herself to work on the network-commanding structure of A-dolls, which would allow an entire group to be commanded by ordering only a single A-doll. A-doll operation efficiency was proved to be raised by 37% after tests of the automatic analyze-and-transmit system, which was named the Dummy Network by 16Lab. Simultaneously, Persica started to further diversify A-dolls of the same model, and categorized them in terms of hardware to Mainframes and Dummies. Mainframes have the calculation and synchronization hardware installed, while Dummies would only need the sear software and the scan-and-engage system installed. This, while raising production costs of mainframes, reduced the production cost for dummies, which could have an effect on the overall cost if the numbers of T-dolls purchased for a single group is high, which placed IOP in a higher position in terms of product pricing. T-dolls built from 2057 onwards were produced on a standard, modular basis, with ports for sear softwares and dummy networks. Persica defined these A-dolls as Generation 2 T-dolls, and published full technical standards, in an effort to standardize the operating system and production standards of all A-doll products.
Lyco at the same time had his own ideas about A-doll AI algorithms and modular designs. His Artificial Intelligence system ELISA using self-looping algorithms was already nearing completion during the War, with a tree-type commanding system which had ELISA as the basis, which was better in direct commanding and encryption modes and algorithms. Different from Persica's method of using software to accomodate ordinary firearms, Lyco developed harder-hitting compact particle weapons, relying on the strong industrial capabilities Sangvis Ferri had kept all the time. Before introducing it as a product, he tested the particle weapon by mounting it on T-dolls, and modified and enhanced his T-dolls according to the weapon in question. Sangvis Ferri dolls, though not as versatile in terms of weapon compatibility as IOP T-dolls, excel in induvidual capabilities through dedicated designs. However, following the Butterfly Incident in 2061, the research in Sangvis Ferri had to be aborted, with subsequent data sealed in Zone S09. With Sangvis Ferri products suddenly cut off, IOP T-dolls basically seized the market, and supplied diverse models of unarmed A-dolls to the civilian market, in addition to T-dolls supplied to the military and civilians alike. After standardizing Generation 2 T-dolls, Persica continued to improve the modular structure. To facilitate ease of control over the safety program of dolls, he integrated combat-related softwares into the fire-control cores. The fire-control cores had multiple ports and were highly compatible with the sear software. With combat softwares integrated into the cores, it would only take the time to dismount the fire-control core if a T-doll is to be disarmed.
IOP basically unified T-dolls and A-dolls on a modular basis after 2062. Aside from the ACD series, which were modified to military needs, other non-military models were reduced to six models, which were the SST-05/05A/05A2 and the SSD-62D/F/G. The SST series was a seasoned series of T-dolls, with the SST-05 being the trademark product of IOP, boasting fast calculations, versatile armament accomodation, and more natural human-computer communication thanks to the relatively larger spare memory reserved for emotion simulation. The SST-05 was an early spec-ops model, and was slightly weaker than subsequent models, but with a higher number produced and a larger database of its digi-mind, it had a relatively larger amount of data recorded from previous battles. The -05A was a later upgraded model capable of accepting databases from the -05 to raise efficiency with a relatively low need for software and numerous hardware enhancements. The -05A2 was a specialized model with a performance on par with military T-dolls and a high price. Due to little need of human-computer communication , IOP limited its emotion-simulating memory consumption, instead using the capacity to install more softwares. It is worth noting that the digi-mind of the 05A2 was independently encrypted and stored, making it more secure when executing covert operations. The SSD series was a compromise between civilian and tactical markets. To assist assimilation into human societies, T-dolls of the SSD series had ample memory to conduct emotion-simulating calculations, and were mounted with third-party interfaces to ease operation. Another highlight of the SSD series was its customizable appearance, with the D-type being service models, and the F-type for etiquette-related affairs. The two models had hundreds of replaceable appearance modules for purchase, which basically fulfills civilian needs for service A-dolls. When mounted with fire-control cores, SSD-series A-dolls could have decent combat performances sufficient for security and police uses alongside other limited-destruction needs. The G-type was a special-affairs model dedicated to handling emergencies between the police level and the military level. It was more expensive than the D/F model, with a better customization effect, but due to its low numbers and cost-efficiency, it was a relatively rare model to see on the market.
TO BE CONTINUED.....
[edit | edit source]
- #Grifon tutorial system# Why choose T-dolls instead of... From @少女前线 - Weibo
- #Grifon tutorial system# The relationship between firearms and T-dolls from @少女前线 - Weibo
- #Girls' Frontline#Illustrations#Difference between T-dolls and A-dolls# From @少女前线 - Weibo
- #Girls' Frontline# It's worth to mention that T-doll retiring... From@少女前线 - Weibo
- It is worth noting that the USSR produced a man-controllable non-nuclear weapon of mass destruction in the 1970s, with the US conducting similar experiments during the same period, but the Americans included compounds as identifiers, and utilized hermetic longitudinal polarization devices to visualize the collapse fluid.
- This is the most baffling part, as one of the fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics is that a particle's location and momentum cannot be accurately measured simultaneously, making it impossible to describe molecular movements with tracks. In microscopic physics, it is impossible to accurately measure the position of a mass point. Recording huge numbers of particles accurately and forming a model is a hard-to-imagine feat to achieve.
- A simple example would be collapsing databases after writing data into them to increase data density, and conduct quantum transmission by countercollapsing the RITM of the database in use when multiple databases are in operation, to achieve the highest calculation and storage capacities, increasing the calculation capability of supercomputers by five trillion times with the same physical volume
- The project aims to design a compact weight-bearing suit to isolate the human body from being permanently damaged by collapse particles, while using modular designs to accommodate wide varieties of tools, including but not limited to construction machinery or military/police weapons.
- Due to the short gap between the start of the development of the Weight Bearing system and the eruption of World War Three, the exoskeleton structure of Type 1 and Type 2 systems were inherited into the later AA-01/AA-03 combat platforms, taking the heavy weight and unreasonable wiring problems with them This kickstarted the AAX-05 and the AA series that followed
- Full name Special Peacekeeping Police, but in fact a faux name to prevent mass panic. Actually called the Special Circumstances Armed Police Forces, or SCAPF, the force handles guarding and protection duties related to artifacts, as well as handling ELID-related emergencies.
- By 2041, due to the inflow of intelligentsia and their family, the rich with a sharp sense of politics and political personnel, the population of the Cavity City soon expanded to 14.2 million. Dr. Li Deming's 3-dimensional city planning theory became a classic that all neo-city-planning architects must learn.
- A 60-kiloton oil tanker was hijacked by pirates in South Australian waters in 2075, with Antarctic forces speedily moving to rescue and disarming the pirates after receiving the distress signal, which was a chance for Antarctica to form diplomatic relationships with the UUSRG.
- The Pester-level mass-reformation formula for countercollapsing is m0 = (m2 / t0) / (g2/m), with the mass of the reformed matter proportional to the wavelength of the collapse particle, and to the inverse of the velocity at which the countercollapse electron source diffuses. Due to the problem that the collapse pile could not be miniaturized, (counter-)collapse work can only be conducted on matter with a mass of no more than 24 metric tons in a single time
- The fortress ia a 300-meter high particle neutralization system meant for neutralizing the collapse cloud and irradiated areas. Due to that a fortress system is needed every 2000 meters and that the area needs to be enclosed within a countercollapse circle, the costs for neutralizing an area is extremely high, and is built systematically only to important areas.
- Specifically how Antarctica practices classic socialism rather than Rocksetism.
- The prejudice of this Act is exhibited in the non-recognition of ownership of real estate by Antarctic citizens, the restriction of bilateral immigration between Antarctica and inland nations, setting up commercial fortresses to reverse the trading gap and forcible currency transactions.
- The AR (Antarctica Rockwell Corporation). Cop NB-90 matter-transfer vessel is a state-of-the-art weapon of the Strategic Aviation branch of the Antarctic Air Force. Powered by four P&W NP-4073 nuclear-powered turbine engines, it hovers in the mesosphere when executing pre-combat deployment. Its biggest highlight is the inclusion of supercomputers and Megalosaurus-class radars for battlefield command-and-early-warning purposes, and its use of microwave energy to collapse and transfer matter at any time.
- Not the name of the project given at first, but rather a later name given according to understandings of the project.
- It is speculated that Dr. William named the three feti with a tri-body star system, the Trigoddess system, with the three stars named "Jefuty", "Noylu" and "Lunixya", respectively. The name may also refer to the three goddesses of fate, expressing Doctor William's hope towards the three feti's aversion of the fate of the world.
- Full name Antarctic Union Army Main Intelligence Directorate, subordinate to the army, and has the authority to utilize and command the 1st Special Combat Group of Antarctica.
- Intel suggests that the subject may be G-264 "Noylu", and witnesses claim that the participants of the original project Trigoddess on the UURSG side also appeared on the scene, but there was no more evidence to prove the identity of the subject, nor that of the participant.
- Allowing an Antarctic long-range missile to enter UURSG airspace already meant guaranteed demise for the chairman of the Union, but he still made the brave decision.
- ALR stands for Auto Labor Robot, with possible suffixes C for Common and T for Testing.
- TD for Testing Doll
- CSD for Common Strengthen[sic] Doll
- Mainly the CSD-08A, CSD-08Bs, and the derived IAD series, which became the prototype for the modular internal structure for Generation 2 T-dolls.
- Kryuger and Grifon Military Contractor and Security Consulting.
- The G&K was particularly keen on the 05A, with most of its T-dolls being of this type.